Subject: How to check if your CDs are mislabelled rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Brocklebank
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several threads here about the fact that the CDS in the Rio Grande version of Space Alert are (often) wrongly labelled.
I thought it would be helpful to give a quick way to confirm whether this is the case in your set before you start playing.

Both CDs have 8 tracks.

Tutorial CD
Track titles and ruuniing times in Windows Media Player...
First Run 7:08
Second Run 7:08
Sim 1 10:08
Sim 2 10:08
Sim 3 10:08
Sim 4 10:08
Sim 5 10:08
Sim 6 10:08
These each correspond to the Mission cards with S1 on the back.

Mission CD
Track titles and ruuniing times in Windows Media Player...
First Test Run 10:00
Unknown Track 10:20
Unknown Track 10:00
Unknown Track 9:40
Unknown Track 10:20
Purple Blather (High and Remix) 9:38
These each correspond to the Mission cards with S2 on the back, and the first track introduces a SERIOUS THREAT within the first 10 seconds.

As an additional curiosity, ripping the the Tutorial CD in Windows Media Player places it in the folder Space Alert/Space Alert (artist/album).
Ripping the Mission CD places it in CGE/Space Alert [Mission CD]

I have already changed the names on each CD in my set with an indelible pen, before I thought of more aesthetically appealing alternatives.

Would anyone like to upload scans of the CDs for those who would like to reprint the labels and apply them correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I considered changing the labels, either with a pen as you did or relabeling them, but in the end I didn't consider it a big deal.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.