Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
THREE units: It cost two coins to skip this race instead of the usual one. Take a coin from each opponent whose active race is bordering your Brownies at the end of your turn.

Thank you Jeremy for the Brownies name idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Race: BEGGARS
"Beggar" sounds more like an occupation/ability than a race..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Race: BEGGARS
I agree. I am not set on Beggars, because it is not a race, as you say. I need a pathetic little race that could use this ability though. Maybe "Imps" or "Pixies" (who could steal a coin from each opponent each turn)?

Any other race ideas that fit with this ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Race: BEGGARS (or whatever race fits the ability the best)

You could simply call them Thieves. It's not a "race", but neither are wizards and sorcerers. Or maybe brownies? *shrug*

Also, rather than have every player give them a coin, maybe consider only players with active races with regions adjacent to them? (Either at the end or the beginning of this races' turn? Or for each player, at the end of their turn?)

I don't know... just throwing out ideas to increase how the owner and other players would strategically play. Though if you did that, you'd want them to have more than 2 units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Feels a bit too similar to "cursed", frankly. I like Jeremy's idea of them being able to steal/beg money from adjacent races. Or perhaps every time one of their spaces is conquered by an active race the conquering player must pay them a coin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the idea of stealing from each adjacent Active race is nice, but you are right that it would need more units to offset the decrease in coins. I like the idea of little thieving "Brownies" too

I increased it to 3 units and edited the ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Fowler
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not stealing from surrounding units, just selling Thin Mints and Samoas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a biggy but Brownies tend to be regarded as mythical little creatures that help around the house receiving scraps of food as payment.

If you're after mischievous creatures that steal, cause problems and so on I think Pixies would be a better choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was torn between the two. What sealed it for me was the movie "Willow". Am I correct that those little guys were "Brownies"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I watched that so long ago I can barely remember the plot let alone the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yojimbo252 wrote:
Man I watched that so long ago I can barely remember the plot let alone the characters.

It's still in our video library. Entertaining film for the whole family

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
“It’s raining tacos, from out of the sky. Tacos, no need to ask why. It’s raining tacos.”
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yojimbo252 wrote:
Not a biggy but Brownies tend to be regarded as mythical little creatures that help around the house receiving scraps of food as payment.

If you're after mischievous creatures that steal, cause problems and so on I think Pixies would be a better choices.

I immediately thought of the cage-full of "Cornish Pixies" from the 2nd Harry Potter book/movie. They were quite destructive for being so tiny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.