Eat Poop You Cat» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: EPYC - Game 8 - Group F - From Jurassic Park to The Big Lebowski rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
Game 8 - Group F

Starting sentence.
The good ol'T-Rex tried to help their kids retrieve their ball.

EgorjLileli

bjhendricks
Our beach ball is stuck up in that palm tree! If only a friendly T-rex would come and rescue it for us!

purplewurple

tickmanfan
Gasp! What's this I see? Some young kids cannot reach their ball? Why this looks like a job for... T-Rex!!!

xofour

Joshbot
It's distressing to know that long ago Saurman was significantly more relaxed, and enjoyed playing superheros with his dino pals.

BaSL

puckhead
After teaming up to defeat Superman, Jesus and the dinosaur took his Super Cape and Super Scepter as trophies.

ZeroZilla

bobxyzp
Jesus does Magic, and it's super.

Madden points out that Howard would've won that bout if he hadn't been completely defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait! What? :lol:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*wham* Ouch, missed that turn there. Think I got whiplash with that last one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, let me clarify, I entirely caught the joke of the last picture. It just completely caught me totally off-guard, even with the spoiler in the title.

Explanation for those who aren't into various forms of pop culture:

Guy on the left = Dwight Howard, pro basketball player for the Orlando Magic, who in the slam dunk contest dresses up like Superman.

Guy in the middle = Jesus, the bowler played by John Turturro in the cult clasic move The Big Lebowski.

Guy on the right = Don't know if it was intentionally made to look like John Madden, but it does look like him. Since it's what was used in the last sentence: Jon Madden, ex-NFL coach and long time analyst for football games, known more recently for being able to state the most obvious aspects of the game and still sound like a genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
You said it, man. Nobody f*cks with the Jesus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
THUS ENDETH EPYC GAME 8

January 13, 2010 - April 28, 2010
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Mabie
United States
Oxford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, what amazes me more than the left turn of the last couple links was the straightaway for the first 6. Not since the Muffin, or when Cookie Monster met Mr Potato Head, have I seen such uniformity of detail...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swmabie wrote:
Actually, let me clarify,

Guy on the right = Don't know if it was intentionally made to look like John Madden, but it does look like him. Since it's what was used in the last sentence: Jon Madden, ex-NFL coach and long time analyst for football games, known more recently for being able to state the most obvious aspects of the game and still sound like a genius.

Oh yes.

John Madden= 'The Dinosaur'.

See, to me, he looks like the walking dead...and his ability to state the most obvious aspects of the game...well...that's all I got.

I wanted his outfit to look like 'Doc' from the old Punch Out titles...because they were supposed to have "teamed up to defeat Superman". The 'Trainer' was a bit heavy-handed, but I don't think the towel/sweats combo was clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Xyzp
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually wrote two sentences for this, but I put a line break between them, so I guess Kodeir thought only one of them was for the game. It ain't earth-shattering, but here it is:

Jesus does Magic, and it's Super.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
badge
A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.
mbmbmbmbmb
bobxyzp wrote:
I actually wrote two sentences for this, but I put a line break between them, so I guess Kodeir thought only one of them was for the game. It ain't earth-shattering, but here it is:

Jesus does Magic, and it's Super.

Woops, sorry. Used to skip the first one when publishing chains because it usually is the chain itself. Edited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.