Walt Collins
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Harleysville, PA. I've used the zipcode search and sent emails to the 5 people within 10 miles of my zipcode, but they haven't responded at all and it's been 2 days. Maybe it's not working, or maybe they don't like me.

Anyway, I'm wondering if maybe there are other folks in the neighborhood. I'm real close to Lansdale, if that helps, and about 30 mins from either Philly or Allentown or Reading or West Chester.

My objective is to find people willing to help me playtest the boardgame I've been working on (sporadically until recently) for several years now. It's a mid-weight fantasy/battle type game with quests and armies and spells, and a battleboard separate from the main board (but battles are usually pretty quick, thankfully).

If you wouldn't mind giving it a try, just send me a message (it'll be forwarded to me via email). Thanks for your interest!

Walt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to (if only to get my name on the credits when the game gets published)

But, sadly, I seem to be a mite too far away.
(in Australia)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Collins
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
got married near Melbourne just this past august
My wife is from Tandarra, which is NW of Melbourne about 3 hours. Maybe we'll be having a SE Australian gaming session some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Allen
Australia
Ngunnawal, Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm is Australia (Canberra) too, so I can't help directly (in addition to the time constraints of a growing family).

However, I can say that you might to try out the Boardgame Designers Forum (www.bgdf.com) if you want to discuss your ideas and the like ... although finding playtesters may still be problematic.

Anyway, have a look at the forum, including the 'design', 'production', 'playtesting' and 'Game Design Workshop' categories.

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that...
Definitely check out

http://www.bgdf.com/index.php

I've been on there for a while. They have a designer registry which should help you locate someone near you. I've met 5 other designers face-to-face to playtest each other's games. Very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a rather large gaming group near philly, If I find the time I'll see if I can't find them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"blind" playtesting
I'd help, but I'm in Illinois.

I think it's probably a good idea to have at least a few people test the game without you being there. It would also be very helpful for your game if people read the rules you write without having played before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Collins
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blind playtesting
Good idea about reading the rules remotely, although not sure how I could ensure privacy/copyright that way. Let me think on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.