Hide
5 Posts

StreetSoccer» Forums » Rules

Subject: a simple change to the rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
f f
msg tools
i read the rules somewhere and it says only the goalie may end in in one the two spaces in from one's goal unless the ball is there the player is allowed to get there, kick the ball and automatically get out.
why not make the player stay in front of the goal possible but invalid to block the ball. i think the original rule's point is preventing players permanently keep the position before the goal and make the opposite players goal impoissible. we can just let players stay wherever coaches want but they can not stop the ball if they are just in one of the two squares before the goal excluding the goal keeper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f f
msg tools
considering another relevant rule "Only one of outfielders may stand inside one's own penalty area".

we can simply change it to something like outfielders can not block the ball if a certain number of them stay in the front of their own goal and make the opposite part impossible or too hard to make a goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
My main objection - the player stands there and automatically leaves an "opening" for the other side to exploit when I may wish to have my goalie in that square to block a shot.

Edit - Oh, you are talking about your own team's players. But if you change the rule to allow your own team to occupy the square (and not block), then by extension, the other side can place a player there (and not block) for force the goal open. The nice thing about the current rule is that it works for both teams with simplicity. Your rule is now adding complexity (perhaps) because you are applying it to one team only - introducing an exception as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Variants folder, which is the proper place for the proposal of alternative rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Just play the game and you will realize that if there is one game that doesn't need any rules changes, it is StreetSoccer. The rules have been tightly designed, fine tuned and exhaustively tested and challenged over the years through massive online play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.