Subject: Double up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
For an extra challenge, try flipping two target chips. Play with all the same rules, but now you need to get both robots to their targets at the same time. How many moves can you do this in?

The only question is: What do you do if both target chips are the same color? Choose whiche3ver solution you like:

1. Throw one or both back and pull again.
2. (My preferred solution) Use the silver/black robot. The robot of the appropriate color must get to one of the targets, and the silver/black robot must get to the other target. Which is which? Whichever one results in fewer moves, of course!

And yes, you could even flip three chips at a time (which you might do in this variant for the last round, since there are an odd number of them). Or more? Be careful! The more chips you try to satisfy at the same time, the more likely it will be impossible. Two should always be possible. Three is unlikely to ever be impossible. Four will often be impossible. Five (assuming one of them is the "rainbow" chip) will either be impossible or almost obviously easy.

So just do two. And then three on the final round. And use the silver/black robot.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
A pal of mine does this, with the slight difference that if he draws two chits of different colours, both robots are valid for both goal points. I.e. if you draw a blue and a red goal point, you can have the red robot go to the blue goal and the blue robot go to the red. If you wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
A third possibility if both colors are the same is to say that the robot of the appropriate color must get to one of the goals, but *any* robot can get to the other one. This can make it a bit easier, but you have to figure out which second robot will be able to get there in the fewest moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

1. Throw one or both back and pull again.
2. (My preferred solution) Use the silver/black robot. The robot of the appropriate color must get to one of the targets, and the silver/black robot must get to the other target. Which is which? Whichever one results in fewer moves, of course!

I have been playing with two-target all the time for the past 10+ years. In my variant, the robots do not need to stay at their targets. So once one of the two robots hits the target, you can use it to help another one to hit the goal. This gives more variety for movements. Of course, if two chips are the same color, then that robot just need to hit two targets in either order. I do the last round with 3 as there are 17 chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I recently restarted playing double-target games (it is hard to find people willing to do it). What is the solution you can find? I have found 18 moves so far but no less...

Rule:
Both targets must be cleared but robots do not need to stay there. This means, after clearing one of the target, you can use that robot to help the other. (in particular, if two targets are the same color, the robot must touch both in either order)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost always play this way now - the only times I play with only one target at a time is when I'm teaching new people. Otherwise, we play with two or three chips at a time, using the silver robot when two targets share colors and ruling that all targets must be completed at the same time. I've also tried four targets at once, and while I love it the most of all variants tried yet, my primary opponent (and really the only person I know who can keep up with me here) doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.