Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Soviets receive a +1 DRM against disorganized or routed fronts. The Expansion Kit rule Decisive Military Outcomes must be in effect.

The purpose of the rule is to entice the Soviets to push their luck and reinforce success. Typically, I find myself immediately shifting my attention elsewhere when the boys come through and decisively rout the enemy. With this variant, I am tempted to keep the pressure on.

The risk for the Soviets is the dreaded 1. Then the sweet opportunity becomes a nightmare. Unless, of course, I have reserve troops to deal with the setback (and execute the incompetent commander). The real danger occurs when the Red Army is on the march. Remember, when the Red Army is decisively defeated, the enemy front rolls again against the value of the space on its track. The deeper the Red Army advances, the more dangerous enemy counter-strokes become. This means it is the Red Army which has over-extended itself and outrun it's supply lines.

The design intent is always the same -- more decisions, more tension and more tradeoffs for the Soviets. All of which leads to more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.