Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: How can I possibly wait until Christmas?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stacy Whiteman
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Finally got the big box I was anticipating from fairplaygames (thank you!). So many goodies...including a copy of Heroscape!

Now the dilemma...I had intended to save Heroscape for giving to my boys for Christmas...

How am I ever going to be able to wait that long?? With it calling to me from the back of the closet...and with what I'm sure will be more and more airings of those TV commercials which prompt my sons to ask "Mom, can we get Heroscape...pleeeeease. You've got every other game in the world. Why can't we get that one?"

And Santa thinks he's got it rough. He doesn't have to keep secrets... And he can play with the toys whenever he wants...

This hobby of ours makes me feel like such a kid sometimes...isn't it wonderful meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Christenson
Canada
Hay Lakes
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely grand!

Yes, I'm worried there won't be anything for my wife to get me for christmas cause I'll get it all before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys give the kids Halloween gifts? Might be the time to start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I got a rock.
Yes, and the great thing about the Great Pumpkin is that he comes about 23 days early!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Go ahead and simply surprise your kids one day (soon) after school with HeroScape. (You'll be the BEST mom in the entire universe) There should be expansions of the game due out sometime before Xmas, I think.

I'm still sitting on a copy of HeroScape that's waiting for my sons birthday, Nov 1st.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W E E T !
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In my house, it is my wife who is always wanting to wait for the actual holiday/birthday. I don't want any comments about me being just another one of her kids, but I'm usually of the opinion to "just give it to them" (that is if the holiday/birthday is quite a ways away).

I don't know how you do things in your home, but we don't really buy our kids that much stuff. They all have their toys, but I'd say they get more mileage out of art/craft stuff, (right now) soccer balls, and the odd video game. When we picked up Heroscape last week, there really was no way we were going to put it off. I kinda doubt this will be one that I'll play with my gaming buddies that much, if at all. My kids and I have already played it a few times, with a bunch more times to come this weekend. I think it is worth it to get those together moments going as early and as often as I can. We'll find something else for Christmas.

Just my 2 cents--but just surprise 'em with it for no reason other than they are the awesomest kids in the world.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.