Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Miss Panda replies to the Stuffed-shirts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rhonda
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the guys who had my picture removed I just want to ask; who died and made you the boss? Hitler? It was a picture of me playing Memoir' 44, that's it. Do you doubt I can play the game, is that it? Well, I can play it and enjoy it very much. It's similar to DBA where the units have characteristics for moving and combat that are easily remembered. The BoardgameGeek is not a Professional game reviewers website nor is it paid publicity from a manufacturer. It is a PLAYERS site where other players can interact with each other and chat about likes and dislikes. It's very INFORMAL, do you understand what that word means? If I wanted propaganda or one pompous asses stifling opinion I wouldn't come here, there's already places like that on the internet. Interaction among other players is what is so much fun here and sometimes you might even get to talk to one of your favorite designers (I did). You complain about too much stuff to sift through? Then don't! Go somewhere else and butt out of our business, we like things as they are and Aldie just keeps making it better. You get to know peoples likes and dislikes then see who has the same tastes as yourself. This is done through humor, verbal sparring, reviews, journals, pictures, and threads in a very INFORMAL way. When you think of buying a game you see what like-minded people think of it to influence your decision. Money can then be well-spent instead of thrown away, but hey, you can even sell a game you don't like here to someone who might.
So get that stick out of your butt and come back down to earth. This is about GAMES for crying out loud! Not engineering, not science, not even anything remotelly responsible. Hell, most "normal" people think you're some kind of a weird GEEK if you play games at all in your adulthood, so go get a life and butt out of mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games with Cleavage
I tried to thank everyone for their support (Lord knows I could use it) but the thread was capped and wouldn't take my post. Those are 36 C's (to settle the argument) and all me - no enhancements. That's not why I posted the pic though, I posted it because of an ongoing argument whether I was REALLY a woman and not some fat old man making stuff up. The pic proved I'm really a woman and one that likes to play games, Memour being one of my favorites. Hey, we're not here for a long time so have fun while you can, that's what this site is about. No one is finding a cure for cancer here, it's just a community of gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok is your name really Anita Cox? I find that very hard to believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"heh heh, YOU said 'HARD'!"laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S fessey
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Removal
Who removed the pic? Why? I am obvioulsy missing something here - is there a wave of puritanism infecting BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Coles
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed it?
The picture's still there if you use the thumb browser even though it doesn't show up when you choose to the other option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bennett
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
MULE - 1983 - never surpassed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Panda, that's an interesting comment about finding a cure for cancer - have you seen Calendar Girls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Copeland
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anita Cox,

I just read the "clevage list". I am shocked to find that someone on BGG censored your picture. With pictures like "Busen Memo" which shows the entire breast, it is insane that someone would delete a picture of clevage. As Chuckles said, it is worse to come here and see political lists and commentaries. I think that the person responsible for deleting the picture owes this community and it's supporters (of which I am one) an explanation of why it is now OK to engage in selective censorship. If your going to pander to the gripes of one then you need to pander to the gripes of everyone. So let me be the first...

I am personally offended by the users GeekBadge that says 'Kerry Edwards'. Please have the user remove it at once. I come here to relax and look for games I might enjoy, not to be bombarded by ploitical advertisements.

This is just an example of how you can't please everyone. If you start censoring to make someone happy I think that you will find it hard to define a stopping point.

Captian Picard once quoated admiral Sati as saying:
"When the first link in the chain is forged, it binds us all."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sommer
Denmark
copenhagen downtown
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
see I told you
censorship huh...read my journal for the full exciting journal post on this wickedly exciting topic.................Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snore snork..Zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Hey talk about bad names there a BBC reporter called "Imogen Fuchs" no lie GI!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank Michael Ward and Chris Brua
I believe the principal butt stick is lodged in Michael Ward, whose feelings were extended to Chris Brua over on Usenet. Perhaps Aldie and Derk need to have a chat with Mr. Brua regarding the removal of previously approved content. More likely, however, is that your picture will just live on as a vague memory. Bitching about photos whose primary focus is not on the gamebits but rather on the gamers (or their cats, as it happens) is a new sport for some control freaks who don't get enough potassium in their diets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pieters
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleavage?
Has the definition of cleavage changed recently? To me, it looked like a very nice pair of (apparently) 36Cs, but I saw nothing in the way of exposed flesh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sorry to hear your image got removed. I'd be very interested to hear how this happened.

What is the policy on this? Will items get removed everytime someone gets bent out of shape?

Let's face it, your image didn't add much to the substance of Memoir '44 but it was definitely the kind of cultural addition to BGG that makes this community a fun place to visit.

I hope your picture is added back to the image section soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not...
... just add a link to the picture to your profile. Or should that be a side-view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
So I guess you also lost the 1GG when the picture was yanked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Gold!
Not sure but I might have lost some gold, didn't have much to begin with. A lot of stuff I've submitted seems to disappear. I sure could use some gold

cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Webb
United States
Versailles
Kentucky
flag msg tools
hmmm...
what picture?...am i missing someting here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.