GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Find Geekgold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Kerkhove
Belgium
Waregem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a very sad boardgamer.
About a week ago I found out that somebody was offering 10 GG for an English translation of Zoosim ( I desperately seeking Avatar). I made the translation, uploaded it and within two days I received 1 (one) Geekgold.

I realized that the gold was offered under the transcription 'PlayerAid'. So I uploaded my translation under 'Playeraid' and received 0 (Zero)cry GG in return.

Anyone who has an idea what I could have done wrong?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold
When you say translation, am assuming you mean game rules. 1 geek gold is normal. It's the base for a translation.

If you say that the 10 geekgold was for a player aid, than of course the translation is worth 0. A translation is not a player aid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerkhove
Belgium
Waregem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but when I looked what the details for playeraid were, it said: Rules in English.
That sounds like a translation to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude who made the offer just made a mistake. From what I see, the two translation on the gamepage of Zoosims is the the same exactly file. The file was uploaded by the other geek first, so got the 10 +1 geekgold. Since you uploaded the same file, I would consider yourself getting lucky for getting that 1 geekgold in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerkhove
Belgium
Waregem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was me and myself who uploaded the file TWICE. Because I thought that I made a mistake by uploading it as a translation instead of a playeraid.
The first time I got 1 GG.
The second time I (obviously) got 0 GG.

The thing I'm asking is: 'When or how does one get the gold offered on the Find Geekgold page?'

Greetz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Bader
Germany
duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I my experience, it always takes several days untill you get the gold for the upload! Also this "two days left" status might indicate that you get it in two days or so???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
Canada
St-Laurent
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ask Aldie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
It seems the "X days left" countdown begins when a user submits the item . . . the good news is that submissions do take some time to be reviewed and acknowledged. So you still have hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerkhove
Belgium
Waregem
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.
I'll be waiting then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.