Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After our first play last night, we had a question I didn't see answered in the Forums yet. The rules state: "Retaliation: When a monster with retaliation is hit by a melee shot, the Overseer can immediately perform a melee shot with that monster during the heroes’ turn."

When the Barbarian hit a Minotaur on his first rage attack, does the Overseer get to interrupt the rage sequence and take a melee shot before segment 2 of the rage plays out, or does the rage continue, then the Minotaur get retaliation?

I know the rules state "immediately", implying the former, but the "during the heroes’ turn" phrase threw us off a bit into wondering whether it was an interrupting immediate or one right after the rage finishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that's a big yes. I think I remember seeing that happen in the Catacombs tutorial video.

And if I'm just making that up, I'd still say yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xjohncandyx wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's a big yes. I think I remember seeing that happen in the Catacombs tutorial video.

And if I'm just making that up, I'd still say yes.

I would agree with this guy. I hate Minotaurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xjohncandyx wrote:

Ah, the video I never watched. Perhaps that's why this wuestion never came up on the forums as anyone who watched the video already knew this. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the operative word is "immediately". We've always played it as soon as a mino is hit by melee, he retaliates and chained attacks are resumed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: The Barbarian has only one life. He starts the Rage hitting the Minotaur. The minotaur 'retaliates' striking back hitting the Barbarian, making his life down to Zero. Does the Barbarian finish his Rage (dying aftewards)? or dies immediately stopping the Rage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Amos
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Barbarian dies immediately and does not finish his rage action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick clarification Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.