Popular Tags: [View All]
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

How many folks know of the character Jonah Hex? How likely are you to see this film? I'd like your impressions & thoughts on the trailer.

Why am I so nosey?
1) I run a blog that covers Jonah Hex
2) I actually got to visit the set last May and interview Brolin & Malkovich.
3) I'm nosey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Jonah Hex movie Trailer
looks fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Jeff
United States
Sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesus, Megan Fox in a corset and a battle with a civil war era steamship.

Ya, I'll be at this movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like crap.

I think I'll take my son opening weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a stack of Jonah Hex comics books in my basement. I'll need to pull them out and read them again because this looks hella cool.

Though I don't recall nearly as much 'super weaponry' as I see in the preview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
okiedokie wrote:

How many folks know of the character Jonah Hex? How likely are you to see this film? I'd like your impressions & thoughts on the trailer.

This looks craptastic. I am very unlikely to see this.

For the record, I have read the entirety of the original Jonah Hex series (All-Star Western through self-titled) and the current series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
It does look like a fun summer flick.

philomars wrote:
put your site up here! so we can gets edumacated.

Have you clicked on his blogger microbadge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My site is called Matching Dragoons http://jonahhex.blogspot.com and in it I cover every appearance of Jonah Hex from All-Star Western #10 (1972) through 26 issues of Weird Western Tales, 92 issues of Jonah Hex, 18 issues of HEX (where he gets thrown into post apocalypse 2050), and eventually Two-Gun Mojo where he battles zombies, Riders of the Worm (battles giant worms), Shadows West (uhhh, can't explain this one) and then I'll start on the current series, Jonah Hex, that has been running for about 60 issues now.

I also talk about other comics in my collection and just random comic crap from time to time.

Feel free to ask any questions about the character & I'd be happy to either explain or point you to the issues that contain the answer to your query.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks more like an action movie than the original, quite gothic, comic book. I'm cool with that because I love the time period and a different take on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
artfuldodge2 wrote:

They did take a few liberties with the character. When I spoke with the weapons prop-master on the set, he explained that everything in the film, while it may not have actually existed in 1876, it COULD have been created with the technology of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
artfuldodge2 wrote:

They did take a few liberties with the character. When I spoke with the weapons prop-master on the set, he explained that everything in the film, while it may not have actually existed in 1876, it COULD have been created with the technology of the time.

This is the first time I've ever heard of a blog actually causing a great benefit to the blogger. Because this sounds like the coolest day ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
artfuldodge2 wrote:

Ya, the horse thing. No horse is going to put up with carrying two gatling guns while they are firing. But it's par for the course in script-writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was totally shocked when I was contacted by Warner Brothers last year. I thought it was a joke, but I got to travel to New Orleans, spend about 7 hours on the set, rode a bus with Will Arnett & John Gallagher Jr., spoke with Jimmy Hayward, Brolin & Malkovich, talked to the effects guys & prop folks as well as the make-up people.

It was absolutely awesome. Once WB gives me the go-ahead I can publish the interviews on my blog (that'll probably be in June).

There were several other folks there that worked for websites like BloodyDisgusting, Huffington Post, IO9 and others. Interacting with them was a story to be told in and of itself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.