Ho hd
Malaysia
flag msg tools
18xx, Go and Puerto Rico Rocks!!!
badge
Go is a great game. Let's play Go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

We are planning a first session of BSG but there is one rule that I would like to clarify.

In the activating vipers section, the rules said that each viper may be activated any number of times. I think there are two ways to activate it, either at the Command post or if the player is navigating the viper.

What does it mean by a viper can be activated any number of times? Does it mean that I can attack cylon ships over and over again until no cylon ships are left? or can i just move the viper round and round the board clockwise non-stop (of course there is no meaning to this but legally, can this be done)?

Many thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrin Williams
United States
Allen
Texas
flag msg tools
I have overtext. Yes I do.
badge
I have overtext. How 'bout you !
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't fire indefinitely. You can only fire once per activation. However, each activation can be used on the same viper if you would like.

If you are in command, you can us both activations on the same viper if you'd like. (you could fire twice on an enemy, or move twice, or move once and fire once.)

If you are in command and you get XO'd then you'd be able to shoot 4 time and if you are Apollo using his OPG, you can fire 6 times with the same viper.

You can also split them up between vipers in any way you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ho hd
Malaysia
flag msg tools
18xx, Go and Puerto Rico Rocks!!!
badge
Go is a great game. Let's play Go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it very much.

What does it mean by XO'd and what is an OPG?

Apologies for the ignorance but I just got this game and am not familiar with the shorthands.

Many thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
XO = Executive Order (a Leadership card that gives another player 2 actions)

OPG = Once per Game (this refers to the once per game ability that all characters have)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Command is used to activate 2 unmanned vipers (those without a playable character on it). For each activation, mix and match the following...

Place a viper from the Reserves into one of the 2 sectors where the red arrows point out. If you're looking at the board right side up, it'll be the bottom 2 sectors. You can't do this if there are no vipers in the Reserves

Have an unmanned viper shoot at something. You may only shoot at cylon ships in the same sector of space (raider, heavy raider, or basestar).

Move an unmanned viper from one sector to an adjacent sector.

The same deal for manned vipers, except they can only be moved by the player who controls that character.

Kamakaze wrote:
XO = Executive Order (a Leadership card that gives another player 2 actions)
Or, one movement and one action.

For a manned viper who receives an XO, the movement could be to pay a skill card to return to Galactica or Colonial One (C1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.