Power Grid» Forums » General

Subject: iPhone Board Game Calculator rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A Gamer
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've found that by using a calculator for each player and eliminating cash, we save a lot of time by not having to make change.

I was frustrated with using Apple's built in Calculator app when playing Power Grid. It was all too eager to mess up my running total when my fingers hit a button twice.

I built this simple app that is designed to replace cash in your games. It can:

- track up to 6 players at a time and transfer points or money between them

- undo something you pressed accidentally

- has a history tape so you can't make mistakes (or cheat!) :).

Here are a few free promo codes. Please post after you have used one so your fellow board game geeks don't have to try them all. Cheers!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/game-calc/id369981233?mt=8

TN7PAW3XW3FM
YNRWK9N49LMM
XWM4AKL3JPWR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is one person responsible for inputting everyones transactions? I guess they have to issue regular updates too and respond when people want to know how much cash they (or anyone else) have.

If so that sounds like a serious distraction for the poor mug who gets landed with that job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I consider myself extremely careful and detail-oriented, yet I think this kind of system would be highly error-prone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Gamer
United States
California
flag msg tools
The way we play, each person has their own calculator. But this app can handle up to 6 if you only have one person with an iphone or ipod.

More than anything, any calculator is going to be faster than making change with cash. I just didn't like the one that apple gives you because it is too easy to lose the total. This one keeps a history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chien-Tsun Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find where to key in the promo code so I just bought it...whistle
Hopefully, I'll try it tomorrow in Power Grid~ arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the first code. Thanks for making the app and for the code. This is our group's favorite game. I look forward to showing this app off at the next game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the second code. Thanks! Looking forward to trying this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maura Kalusky
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
howdy,
i just use this thread to give you some promocodes for our little oldschool lcd game, which i made with a friend of mine (as a thank for supporting power grid).
so, if you have an iphone and an us-account (won´t work in other countries), feel free to use one of the promocodes.
and i hope, you will like this game.
i plan to make another iphone game and that will be one, which could be more interesting for boardgamers. but first i have to make different real boardgames.
cheers,
maura

link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/great-leaping-lambrettinis/id...

1. promo: N99LAKAWYJYL
used: 2. promo: Y9RLEHRYXXA4
used: 3. promo: 99R9644W9XYL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Used promo code #3. Thanks, Maura!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maura Kalusky
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
well, just had a funny idea (i`m cleaning the studio, so every idea is a funny idea, if i can stop working):

i will send a set of the promocards of power grid (fluxgenerator and transformer station. with autograms, if you want) to the 3 leading gamers in the lambrettinis highscore list (3x game A, 3X game B. you can only win in one category and one time.)

end of the competition is last of may.
please use your bgg name at the highscore list (edit: and BGG at the end!), so i can contact you here (example: maura bgg or something like that...)

you don`t have to be the grand lambrettini, it`s enough, if you are the leading boardgamegeek.

ok, hope, that you`ll like the idea.
you can see the highscorelist here:
http://www.programm-manufaktur.de/PadronanzaDeiLambrettinis.... (looks awful, i know. will change that soon.)

ok, have fun.

oh, sorry for hijack this thread, i didn`t want to start another thread for this. it`s just a spontaneous idea.

edit: just two cards for the winner isn`t so great anyway; so i will put a drawing from "funny friends" (of free choise, if i still have the drawing) into the envelope for the leading gamer of each category!
edit II:hm, maybe two cards and one drawing is a little less... i`m just waiting, if you will like the idea and will think about it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maura Kalusky
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
just one question: is there any interest in such a competition?
if so, i will start a new thread.

in the moment, there are two people in the highscorelist from boardgamegeek (please, put bgg at the end of your names):
big bad lex and boomtron!

ps.if anybody think, that i`m doing this for getting sales: we earned roundabout 0,5 cent (euro) per hour of work with the lambrettinis. it`s a just for fun project.
same with this competition.
i think, it could be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Used promo code #2 (Y9RLEHRYXXA4). This looks like fun! Thanks, Maura.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agne Agne
msg tools
Hello hello!! ;] I also try to use this app, but there are too few players can play.. You know I found other score calculatos for iphones over therehttp://apps.isimpleness.com/addscore/
It named Add Score. It's realy great. I enjoy using it! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.