Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really kinda get the impression it was either the designer who made a few copies now and again or the same who ordered really insanely small print runs. Last time I saw them for sale new there was a print run of 30 games. And they lasted I think 2 days. If you really want one perhaps you could hope for the best and send an email to the designer or his agent. See perhaps if there is anything in the offing. This game really could use an expansion with some new characters and scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
About a year ago, I was told that the original publisher had essentially gone incommunicado, and (although this is third- or fourth-hand information probably no better than a rumor) that the author was thinking about turning the project over to another publisher. My ignorant guess is that, given the author's array of interests, this is a rather low priority to him. I wonder, though, what would happen if an interested publisher approached him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hopping you succeed. I've always wanted to get a superhero-themed game, but none of the available ones seem to be very good. This one, though...this one has big potential and I'd LOVE to get my hands on a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The WyldeIrishMan wrote:

But, upon your prompting, I have again contacted them, in the hopes that he (and they) may be aware of yet one more voice clamoring for this Silver Age-goodness.

Just a reminder - House of Nine is really just a fan club for Robin Spriggs. Unlike seemingly everyone else in the world, some people there apparently actually know him and can find him, but it's not an official representative of either the game designer or the game publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
What I found intersting was a few months ago someone posted a whole bunch of pictures of the game's character cards and within a very short amount of time they were pulled. So either this Robin Spriggs or the illusive publisher monitors BGG regularly.

You'd think they'd realize there's demand and put some effort to get this re-printed. I have friends that do work for Victory Point Games and I bet they'd jump at the chance to publish this. Though the components wouldn't be as nice as a China or German printer at least it would get a new release. There's probably several publishers that would be interested if they just put a slight effort into shopping around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Include me on the list of hopefuls...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too (or me three, or me five-hundred, whatever the list is up to now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.