Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys I just played my first game of Cutthroat Caverns tonight. I gotta say it was a lot of fun, but we had a lot of questions come up during the game.

I was able to find answers to most of them, but not this one. I am sure it is stated explicitly somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

When can an item be stolen via something like smash and grab? I am talking about instances where the player has a potion with 2 uses, and has already used 1 of the uses, can it still be stolen? If so, what state is it stolen in (i.e. is 1 use already used up, or does it reset when it gets stolen?). If it's effect has been used this round and it gets stolen, does the new controller get it's effect or does it stay with the player who used the potion?

Finally, can Alchemist's Fire be used at ANY point during your turn? If someone attempted to steal Alchemist's Fire, could I then declare my usage of it right before it gets stolen?

Thanks for the answers, again sorry if this is explicitly stated somewhere. I was able to find answers to most my questions, but not this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that Alchemist's fire can only be used during YOUR turn, so if someone is stealing it on his/her turn you can't use it (it's not YOUR turn).

I'm not sure of any potions which have 2 uses, only potions that last 2 turns. You drink the potion before the Encounter starts, and the card is no longer a potion, just a "timer" which ticks from 2-1 then 1-discard, at which point it is discarded. It is only an item when it has not been drunk yet.

Actually, you have less questions than I did after our first game! Glad to help out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Tanner
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh DUH! Thanks haha, I misread the 1st and 2nd round to be 1st use and 2nd use. That was pretty dumb.

Same for the oversight for alchemist's fire. But alchemist's fire can be played ANYTIME during your turn right? For example, I was fighting boogens, I could use the fire to kill all the tokens, damage to chieftain, then reveal my attack card to finish the chieftain off? It says it damages "the monster(s)" which seems to imply that it damages all monsters.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Roop
United States
Three Rivers
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, Alchemist fire can be used anytime during your turn, so you can AF and then reveal/resolve your card or reveal/resolve your card then AF. Usually you will want to reveal/resolve and then AF, because if you AF first it is VERY easy to counter the attack that comes next.

Yes, it damages all monsters that are part of the encounter (in the expansions there is a Lich encounter that resolves like 3 seperate battles: 1 versus skeletons, 1 versus dead adventurers, and 1 versus the Lich. In that encounter, I believe Alchemist Fire only damages the "wave" you are in.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.