Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Willey
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little lost on how to handle the end game. It's my first time playing. Here's where I am. I'm on Earth 2005 (A401) with my first Doctor, Brains 11, Brawn 6, and Bravery 9. I've got the sonic screwdriver.
Turn 1: I explore and I'm able to roll for a plot event. I get e210 Front. I can gain +1 DM or roll for the enemy. I roll for the enemy as I want to know who I'm up against. I roll V522, Dr Lazarus. I roll for event and get one. Character. As per rule at A401 Earth-2005 my first Character will be e090, Rose Tyler. Whoohoo!
Turn 2: I investigate, trying to pick up what Dr Lazarus is up to. My clues turn out to be false and I discover nothing. No event.
Turn 3: I investigate again. I gain vitals information. +1 DM.No event.
Turn 4: Seek Information. +2 for both my Charisma and Rose's (Right? I could also use Computers trait.) Reconfirms the plot. No event.
Turn 5: Seek Information. Again no luck. Event 1, e151 Gruesome Death. Find body, but no one around. I use my Medicine skill and gain +1 DM.
Turn 6: Seek Information. Finally discover Enemy Plan! e261. Dr Lazarus wants to crack the Skasis Paradigm. No event.

Now this is where I'm fuzzy. I know the enemy. I know his plot. I know his Goal. e261 Break the God Code. Goal is 4, but Dr Lazarus has a DM +1, so I need 5 DM to Oppose Him. Right? Currently I only have +2 DM. Under the Break God Code it mentions if I have Demolitions, 3 aware, 3 Thief and 25 Brains then gain a +2 DM. I have Thief, Rose and I have Aware, but no Demo. Between us we have 16 Brains, but I imagine the 25 Brains is a Quality roll. Right? Anyhow, I've got six turns left. I can plan, but I need 2 more thief, an aware, a demo, and if I'm not right about the Quality roll then I need 9 more Brains. So planning is the way to go to get those added traits and quality, right? But I also need to get more DM's as I will only get +2 for the added traits, which I guess I can get thru Research?
Or, I can use the Defeating Enemies action and if I get 13+ I can oppose Dr Lazarus. I guess this is the way to go if time is running out.
Am I doing things correct and am I on the right track? Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok - first thing - thanks for posting and I hope you have fun with the game.

Now let's answer those questions...

1. First if the Goal is DM 4 and Lazarus is DM +1 that means you add +1 to YOUR DM total. Also since it's your first adventure you automatically get a +1DM when the Enemy is revealed...

2. In a Goal - the Brains total is the total Brains of all your Characters.So you have 16 with you and Rose. Yes, planning gets you more Traits and Qualities but you could also do research which would get you more DM

3. Bottom line is you need to get a DM equal to the Goal (which by my reckoninhg you have already) so you can Oppose. Once you can Oppose then use the Defeat Enemies action and go from there.

You might also want to seek out Rose's Friends - Jackie and Mickey - to increase Quality and Traits

(Better do it before the good Doctor changes though - he gets REAL tough as the creature)

Hope all that helps and if you're still stuck or get more problems - don't hesitate to holler!

Simon

Designer - DWSSG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.