Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An ill-fated night attack by British Special forces! Squads of British Special Forces units, dropped in on Horsa Gliders were trounced at an important road/canal crossing call Pegusus Bridge!

The botched operation has given the Germans the notice they needed to prepare for the main invasion, and thousands of German troops and armor have poured over, helping repel the allies on the beachheads.

Allied casualties are in the hundreds of thousands, and the channel is littered with sunken boats and corpses. France is firmly in Germany's hands, as the allies have withdrawn all efforts in the European theater, and are reportedly suing for peace.

Report: The allies never had a chance. Numerous time cards, and timely rolls (even after giving up the Initiative Card to get another shot) was too much for the Brits to overcome. They hit their surrender level in Turn 4. A timely Event pull brought in a powerful Infantry Gun and Crew to the Germans in Turn 2, that just ripped holes in the attacking allies lines and quickly put an end to this scenario.

RULES QUESTIONS:

- It's the German's turn. They Fire. If the allies' Defense roll causes a Time Trigger, and it goes to Turn 3, and German reinforcements arrive, can the German player then use a Move card that same turn and bring the new troops to bear?

- Do you have to do a Targeting Roll to use StarShells? If so, there's no Firepower modifier to use as reference - how is that done?

- When you Use Hidden Unit, the instruction book says "...at no cost", so does that mean the player doesn't have to adjust his Victory Points when he brings in the new unit? Is that the "cost" it refers to ?

- This is only my first play through, but it seems tough for the Allies, to be sure. It doesn't seem to reflect the German's inattentiveness that night very well. (Or more likely I'm missing something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chairman7w wrote:
- It's the German's turn. They Fire. If the allies' Defense roll causes a Time Trigger, and it goes to Turn 3, and German reinforcements arrive, can the German player then use a Move card that same turn and bring the new troops to bear?

Yes.

Quote:
- Do you have to do a Targeting Roll to use StarShells? If so, there's no Firepower modifier to use as reference - how is that done?

Yes, you make an Accuracy Roll as stated in the Starshell rules. Firepower is irrelevant here so I don't understand your question. The accuracy roll is based on range and any applicable hindrances.

Quote:
- When you Use Hidden Unit, the instruction book says "...at no cost", so does that mean the player doesn't have to adjust his Victory Points when he brings in the new unit?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you David!

(I think I just had a brain fart on the Firepower modifier question)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.