Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody. I recently did a trade to pick up Catan, and to my dismay, found there were 2 cards missing when I received it: One of the 62 expansion cards (Town Hall, there should be 2 but I only have 1), and one of the 10 event cards (Civil war) are MIA.

Will either of these missing affect the game greatly? If so, any suggestions how I could get replacements? I was thinking that if the Civil War has a big impact (there are only 10 event cards, so losing one seems like a big deal), then I could just use one of the other cards and proxy it as a replacement. Any suggestions which one I should use for said proxying, who's loss wouldn't affect the overall game much?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think I had two missing cards as well (different ones). I wrote to their customer service (email) and got replacements very quickly. That was for a new game, but I am sure they might be able to get you a couple for a small fee for a used game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the suggestion. will give it a go, fingers crossed. my wife and I just played our first game, and really enjoyed it. nice little game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Simpson
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game new and was actually missing the same two cards you are missing. I emailed them and had replacements sent in the mail very quickly. Excellent customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to try that. I'm missing an University... wait I think it's a Library... I don't have the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently bought a secondhand, but unplayed game, at a flea merket. They sold it because they didn't understand the game, they said.
These cards look absolutely brand new, likely unplayed. But, as it turns out, I'm missing several cards, and what I do have, I have twice...
Seems like they put two incomplete stacks of cards into this box.

Now, I only payed €2,- for this, so no biggie, but I'd like to try and complete it if I can. If 999 games does help customers, even after many years, I'd be more than happy to pay postage. Of course I also understand if they don't.

Worth a try?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.