Thebes» Forums » Rules

Subject: dont uderstand players movements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shardeen Mehdi
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi just bought the game, not yet played, but i dont understand how the players turns are decided. who is the first player? read the rule book but didnt get it. the player with the least weeks starts first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every action in Thebes costs the players time. The player farthest back in time gets to take the next turn. (If two players are tied, the player with their marker on top goes.)

What we do to choose the start player is to take the markers for each player, draw one at random, then that player goes last (the marker goes at the bottom of the stack). Continue drawing with that player's marker being placed on top of the stack. The last player drawn is the 1st player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shardeen Mehdi
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
so the player that is furthest back in time gets to play? but what about those ahead? they dont get to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player the furthest back in time gets the next turn. During the turn, that player draw a card and (optional) move, each of which costs them time. If the player is still the furthest back in time, he gets another turn until he passes another player. Then, again, the player the furthest back in time gets the next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those who are the farthest in front just need to wait until the others have passed them, then _*THEY*_ are now the farthest behind.

Very thematic actaully, if you spend 10 weeks digging at a site, then you need to sit around and wait for the other players to catch up or pass you on the time line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris Halpin
Australia
Llanarth
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a video tutorial at the Queen Games site!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shardeen Mehdi
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok thanks!! will check out the video

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn 1 for each player:

Red
Yellow
Blue
Green
| | | | |

Red goes first, travels one space and takes a card that costs 3 weeks for a total of four weeks:

Yellow
Blue
Green Red
| | | | |

Yellow goes second, travels two spaces and takes a card that takes two weeks. That moves the Yellow piece on top of the Red one:

Blue Yellow
Green Red
| | | | |

Blue goes third, travels one space and takes a two week card:

Yellow
Green Blue Red
| | | | |

Finally, Green gets to take a turn. Green takes a two week card from his current city (no travel time):

Yellow
Green Blue Red
| | | | |

Because Green took a short action, Green will get to go again. If green takes a one week action, he or she could take a third action before Blue gets his second turn. Once Green and Blue have taken actions that move them past the stack of Yellow and Red, it will be Yellow's turn followed by Red. If you take a long action you will have a long time to wait before going again, that's the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shardeen Mehdi
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
ok played the game today! lovely game but however few confusion

1.for the two special cards (one gives u 0 weeks for no matter how much u traveled, the other -1 week if you travel more than 3 weeks). does this only apply when u travel from a city to another city? or does it also apply for the week invested when u attain a card? for example, i move two spaces to berlin because i took a special berlin assitant card which requires 2 weeks. and i use the card with the hot air ballon. so does this mean my 2 space moves to berlin doesnt count/ OR my 2 space moves to berlin + my 2 weeks on the assitant card?

2. can assistant/shovel cards add up together? lets say i have 6 assistant cards.. does that mean i have 3x2=6 knowledge points? if i have 5 shovel cards, does that mean that i can collect 2+1=3 extra treasure each time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least in the English translation:

1. The Zeppelin and Car cards only affect the travel time. They do not work for the time used to actually attain any cards.

2. I have not seen this question come up, but my expectation is yes, they do add up that way (one set of 3 + whatever else you have) especially since the other player(s) allowed you to pick up that many of either card type. I'd be interested in hearing an official answer to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.