Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I bought new and I love the game. But...the tiles have warped and their thickness resists the normal backbend remedy. I haven't noticed this brought up as a problem so maybe humid Minnesota is a exception. Go Twins, love Target Field!

Any help on the warpage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed the same with my set, but I rationalize it that these tiles represent the creaky floor plates of an ancient starship which has been adrift for untold years. The warping just enhances the ambience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Common problem. I've done just about everything I can think of to avoid it and mine have a slight warp to them as well.

Some people have had some pretty extreme warping others, like me, just have some minor warping.

Either case...book press em and they'll flatten right out. Keep em out of direct sunlight for long periods of time as well as that seems to hasten their warping & re-warping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
I have severe warp and slight peeling. (._.) Doesn't affect gameplay, but it's a component concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So could you say this was a design merit if the Space Hulk tiles were corrupted by the warp?

Man, GW's games just keep getting more and more detailed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bysouth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was going to post about this myself. Nothing too severe but after a month or so the larger pieces have warped and the joins are lose on many tiles where they were tight before. Nothing too serious but it does take a little of my admiration away from the game pieces. Have been wondering whether there is a best way to store the pieces to avoid this getting any worse. Any ideas beyond laying them flat with something heavy on top?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As someone who doesn't own Space Hulk and has no experience of what I am about to suggest but am wondering if it might work - could you hold it above the steam from a kettle for a few seconds to moisten the underside of the card and then press it between books..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a very early thread addressing various solutions to this problem and a few preventative measures too.

Depending on circumstance you are suffering from the tiles either absorbing moisture, or drying out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board pieces ruined, I'm pissed

Warped or warping room tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n Mzi
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know whether it has been said so far or not, but I use desiccant to *prevent* the tiles from wrapping: I just throw old medicine bottle caps lids in my SH box. It has worked quite well so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Saucedo
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lid to the bottle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
n Mzi
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry: my English is poor: I was talking about the lid (if it contains desiccant, of course).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.