Subject: Quests: Duels with Monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex DeGuy
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the monster draws rout icon, what happens?
We play it so the hero gets routed immediately, doesn't draw cards for the remaining rounds, while the monster draws and can kick the fallen hero.
If the hero draws rout icon, what happens? Does he still use this as preventing damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain that duels with monsters work the same as duels with other heroes. So routs would prevent damage for heroes and monsters both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Be it against Monster or Hero, a duel is a duel, and the Rout icon behaves differently in a duel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex DeGuy
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, will play it that way. Although it makes chances of hero losing - already very slim - almost non-existent. Could as well just give him reward right away.
Anyway, rout symbols are rare. Triangles have 4 of them, and circles only 2 in the whole deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
FinnTroll wrote:
Thanks, will play it that way. Although it makes chances of hero losing - already very slim - almost non-existent. Could as well just give him reward right away.
Anyway, rout symbols are rare. Triangles have 4 of them, and circles only 2 in the whole deck.

Well, I believe that Triangle units have more Rout icons than circle units, so it gives the Beastman duel a bit more of a chance of winning. Not much more, but a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.