Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://victorypointgames.com/articleDetail.php?article_ID=87...

Hey guys! Gettysburg: The Wheatfield is now done with playtesting and we're moving into the final stages. If you click on the link above and move halfway down the page, you'll see an update of our progress and samples of some of the new artwork by Mike Smith. I think that this moves the game into a whole new dimension and I'm very excited about Mike's work. Let me know what you think. Thanks! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, when I first saw the initial description of this game on VPG's site, I thought, "well, that's nice." But the more I read the more interested I get. Now I discover that the counters are going to look like this:

Not only that, but the map we've been seeing (and thinking, "oooh, now that's cool") is only the playtest map!

The Wheatfield is moving towards the top of my "must buy" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom and thanks for the kind words! We are very happy with the way this game has developed and you're right - these counters on Rick Barber's map are going to rock. By the way, the game plays well too . Thanks for your interest and spread the word. We should have this good-to-go by August. Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a couple of new images to the gallery. There's a display of all the new markers and a picture of some of the new units on the game map. Enjoy! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks sweet! This may very well be my first ACW game. When do you see it making the shelves??

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops - I just answered your other post, Ski . The game should be good-to-go by August. We're just finishing up the new graphics and fine-tuning the rules. I think that G:TW would make a great first ACW game for you. There are only 12 pages of rules and it represents the introductory game to what hopefully will be a long series of games. With each expansion, we'll add a few more rules and components and players can grow into the system. We're really looking to serve as the "common ground" between boardgaming and miniatures gaming. Thanks for your interest and keep looking for updates either here or at the Victory Point Games website. Good gaming! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding! I will be keeping my eye out for this one! Thanks!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.