Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy of TAL that I uncovered in my collection but found that the rules are missing. Does anyone know where I might be able to find a copy of the rules? I emailed Dan, but he didn't have any and suggested I try here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be able to help. I have a hard copy that I plan to digitize, so hopefully I'll be able to post it on the GMT website in their living rules section. Since it's copyrighted and it's their IP, I would like to have GMT's permission before reproducing a PDF copy for public consumption.

Luckily, GMT has been very supportive of similar projects in the recent past, so we can hope that they will remain so. I'll get my copy of the rules out and try to find time to make the PDF this afternoon, if possible. From there, I just have to send it to GMT and you should be in business. I'll keep you posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be terrific, I was going to contact GMT next. Dan doesn't have any copies remaining, but as I understand it, he does have all the rights to the Leader series now so I don't know if that would factor into the posting for GMT. Maybe an email to Dan to see if he would host the living rules at DVG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I will contact Dan and let him know I can make a PDF of the rulebook. Hoepfully he can clear up ownership details so I can get a copy to the right person/people. I won't have time today to make the PDF, unfortanately, but I will tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the information, I'll contact Dan right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan V. has given me the ok from his end as holder of rights to the game. However, he also suggested I contact Rodger MacGowan to be sure it's ok with him, as Rodger owns copyright to the artwork. I'll email GMT immediately to seek their permission and we should be good to go.

I have already gotten the game box out and placed it with my work pile so I don't forget it tomorrow. It should only take me 30min or so to create the PDF, assuming no computer glitches, heh heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update: I finally got approval from Rodger to make the PDF, so I will have it for you this afternoon. Actually, I will have a copy ready to send off for addition to the Living Rules page on GMTs website. They usually put things up fairly quickly.

You will be able to download it from there as soon as it's posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I really appreciate your help with this. I've been playing some of DVG's newer titles recently and that got me into wanting to dig out the old TAL classic. Opened her up and no rulebook No telling where I misplaced my copy all those years ago. Now that I can get a copy and quit looking, it'll turn up again

GG for your help.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Job! But I can't find any mention of the Thunderbolt/Apache Leader of Hornet Leader games on the GMT website. Maybe you also upload rules into the Files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent copies of the completed PDF to Dan V., Rodger M. and Gene B. at GMT, as well as the GMT webmaster, who will hopefully post the rulebook to the GMT website in the next few days. Keep your eyes peeled!

I did not receive permission to post the rulebook here on the Geek, but as soon as it is posted at GMTs website, I will create a link to it on the BGG webpage for TAL.

P.S. Thanks for the GG, I appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules goes online. http://www.gmtgames.com/living_rules/TAL_Rulebook.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good one, you beat me to the punch! whistle

I submitted a link to the PDF on the BGG TAL webpage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.