Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Dragon
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to play, but all my friends are bored of it. UGH! I guess I'll have to play online. Every once in awhile, I can find somebody..

I also want to play Race for the Galaxy..

and Acquire..

and ChinaTown..

and Euchre..

and Chess..

and a whole list of others.

I need to make new gaming friends. My old ones don't want to play the classics. UGH!

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ʇllıʍ)
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some ideas:

1) Have more than 1 "gaming group" with which you game, with each group specializing in different types of games.
2) Get your current group organized in a way that each person has a "turn" at picking the game(s) you play.

Don't listen to me though, I rarely can get people to play the games that I want to play either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin jung
United States
Palatine
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem my group is tired of learning new gamescry but they have not played:

either Dominion expansion,
Race For the Galaxy,
Power Grid,
Leonardo Di Vinci,
Starcraft,
A Game of Thrones.

my family and I have played all of these, but several of the game group is tired of learning new games, yet any game they want to play is an older one that I have never played so I am expected to keep learning new games. shakeSomehow this does not seem right but in order to keep playing I just play along. (pun intended)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hurst
United States
Plain City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiger, you're ninety minutes of drive time from one of the best (if not the best) gaming groups in the country. CABS meets four times most months on Fridays and some Saturdays.

http://www.buckeyeboardgamers.org/

Sideboards loaded with goodies, refrigerators filled with sodas and lockers chock full o' games....and lots of Dominion players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're also 90 minutes away (in the other direction) from Underhill's in Cuyahoga Falls where BOGA (Boardgamers of Greater Akron) meets once per month on the second Friday. Not as large or active as CABS, but we're getting there!
Boardgamers of Greater Akron (BOGA)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.