Subject: Talisman on BIG BANG THEORY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On tonight's episode of BIG BANG THEORY the guys were playing Talisman. Just thought it was interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Planescape
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Board Games in pop culture woot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Morganton
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I caught it as well! Its not the first time. Probably the fourth or fifth if I remember correctly. Once Koothrappali talked about being turned into a toad. You would think that Fantasy Flight Games would give them a Fourth Revised set to play with, instead of Fourth by Black Industries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyalume wrote:
You would think that Fantasy Flight Games would give them a Fourth Revised set to play with, instead of Fourth by Black Industries.
That would have been difficult - as FFG didn't have the game when those episodes were shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Erlanger
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cardboard stand-ups probably show up better than little plastic blobs for the cameras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they get the rules right this time? In the past they've had too many characters on the board and had everybody rolling two dice for movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Ives
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw it too! Had to go out this morning, just got in to check on the Geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Rowe
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Sheldon threw two dice to move and somebody's character had been turned into a toad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Watching the DVD boxed sets as I catch up on this show. They were going counter clockwise in the episode I watched.

Funny, I've been bugged since I started watching about "what game is that?" I used to own Talisman, back in 1st or 2nd ed. I had guessed Talisman, later edition. Finally got around to checking, and sure enough, the photo gallery matches. Hmm, someone should try some frame grabs and posting them with captions of it in use on set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.