Subject: Events & search rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
V. M. G.
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,
I played this only once, as a zombie player along with another friend (who had played before) against 4 humans players. It was the basic scenario where the players have to kill 15 zombies.

We had some problems with rules through the match so I'd like to clarify some things that didn't seem right to me:

1 - The explanation of when event cards can be used, in the manual, really stinks. Can anyone summarize them in a more understandable manner?

2 - Can multiple heroes keep searching the same spot over and over and over? I know from the other topics that they can shoot and search from/into lights out rooms. And that sucks.

I ask this cause the feeling I had from the gameplay really didn't click with the theme: all 14 zombies spawned by the end of the second turn and a couple buildings were left with one or none zombies in them. The heroes rallied there and kept searching the very same spot (on the gym, I guess) until they got good enough cards to beat all the zombies easily. Replacing the zombies a few by few in the opposite corners of the map made it feel like the zombies were the prey, and not the hunters.

3 - How, in general, do the zombies win (if they will at all)? I mean, it would make sense that "losing the race" by an average 2.5 squares per turn & being such an easy prey to gunfire would be counterbalanced by the zombies injuring the heroes quite easily melee...but it isn't! In fact, with average luck it seems that heroes kill zombies more often than zombies injure heroes.

I`m sorry if this questions seem stupid, but I'd really like to appreciate this game and as of now, I can't help but think it is an inversion of theme round and round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vmgottin wrote:
It was the basic scenario where the players have to kill 15 zombies.
That's your problem right there. The basic scenario is just that, basic. Unless the zombie player is lucky & gets one of the cards that force the heroes to split up or move around, his best tactic is to avoid the heroes' safe house and force them to come out after the zombies. It's still in theme, if they don't show their faces, the zombies will not move that way.
Quote:
1 - The explanation of when event cards can be used, in the manual, really stinks. Can anyone summarize them in a more understandable manner?
It works for me, can't help you there.
Quote:
2 - Can multiple heroes keep searching the same spot over and over and over?
Yes. I've played scenarios where one or more heroes (Jade, usually...) never move off the one square until the endgame!
Quote:
3 - How, in general, do the zombies win (if they will at all)?
Play the more advanced scenarios, where the heroes are forced to move around more, and achieve more difficult goals. If they refuse to come out of a 'safe house', use cardplay to force them, or make it less safe (new spawning pit, for instance). Remember that, although the zombies are mindless, the player shouldn't be. Intelligently using tactics is not breaking the theme - the zombie player is, essentially, writing the script of the movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the basic scenario ends up being a good learning tool, and that's about it. It gets into this wierd dynamic where the zombies are trying to avoid the heros, which is very un-zombie-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urg
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
event cards can be played at any time unless it states that it cannot.

i.e. some event cards say they can't be used during a fight.

Unless it states, you can interrupt anything with an event card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.