Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Björnström
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now tried the Ghost Town Showdown and met the strong resistance of the Crowes
I reached Hoodia pretty quick (within 19-21) days but that was a misstake scince I didn't have a strong enough posse to defeat those darn Crowes.
However, I'm wondering about the black die. When it is stated that you only can use 2 4s for movement - what if one a those 4s is the black die? I figured I get 3 movementpoints from those two 4s, right?
And if I'm standing one step away from a Town and has a 1 on the black die, I can still stay in Town doing buisiness?
And if the black die is a 6 after three rolls, do I convert it in to two dice to use in the shootout?

I like this game, and the Ghost Town version is fun, even if I see on my game sheet that I missed a few rules now and then. Like the max 10 food (I had 11 once) and the max 6 ammo (I hade 9!).. But at the same time I forgot that I could use ammo in the Showdown. This only means that I have to play it a few more times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, MAttias. The black die always counts as two of its number. But when you move with two 4's, that is only for one space of movement (on the backroads), and it requires the full two 4's for that movement. So if you had a black 4 and a regular 4, you could only move one space and there would be an extra 4.

And yes, a black 6 would turn into two attacking Crowe dice.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth J. Mazor
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just played through Ep.1 three times and Ep.2 once. I have lots of questions to ask, but I thought I'd start with re-answering one here.

Grudunza wrote:
when you move with two 4's, that is only for one space of movement ... So if you had a black 4 and a regular 4, you could only move one space and there would be an extra 4.

It looks like you answered with the "Long Road to Reno" rules here.

Episode 2 rules wrote:
Move one space for each 4 used for Backroads (maximum of 2) ... and if you have more than one 4 available for Backroads, you may opt to use only one die for that.

As that reads, Backroads movement is one space per 4 used with a maximum of two spaces moved from any number (or color) of fours. The second quoted bit is just there to reinforce the single 4=movement argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.