Subject: Playing Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be playing this next Saturday, and we'll be under quite the strict time limit. I don't think we'll have more than three hours. Now, the geek information if 90 minutes would be great, only: will it really be that quick? Will two newbies be able to finish this in such a short amount of time? I don't mind if we won't, at least we'd have the rules down, but it would still be nice to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that 3 hours would be a little tight for your first game. I doubt it would take more than 4 hours, though. In both games I played it was a little over 3 hours, and that was going almost to the end of the initiative track.

Either way, I say go for it. It's a great game and worth playing even a partial game

Prax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Andre Blanchet
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game took 3 hours, including game explanation and frequent rules checking. The next ones were closer to 90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
90 minutes are only reasonable if both players know the rules and have already seen the important order and combat cards and if setup/teardown isn't included. If one of you has already played the game 3h should be possible. But the first game can also easily take 4h (including everything)

I would say, if you can setup it earlier and have 3h for playing and explaining, go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Grey Dolphin Games
mbmbmbmbmb
In 8 games I've played, I've noticed it takes about 90 minutes to reach the middle of the initiative track. After that, depending on which victory condition is acheived, the games have lasted between 90 minutes and 3 hours (almost exactly) for imperial holdout games.

A first game takes a bit longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.