United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I would love to see a WWII version of the game. Now, it would play like a miniatures game rather than the stylized play seen in the current rendition of the game. The unit cards would each be a squad, vehicle, MG team or a leader. There would also be terrain cards with buildings, walls, wooded areas, etc. Two small measuring rulers would be included. The game could feature simple squad level rules with a stripped down Squad Leader feel. Production would be equivalant to the current series with the same amount of cards and yet, there would be a lot more in the way of decision making. You could add new pairings for the various theaters. What do you think? Z-Man?

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check out Spearpoint 1943. ITs card based and although a completely different format for gameplay it allows custom armies and great gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
You should check out Spearpoint 1943. ITs card based and although a completely different format for gameplay it allows custom armies and great gameplay.

I already have Frontline D-Day. I am looking at a miniatures-type format using the same cards in Pocket Battles.

-SKi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A WW2 version of Pocket Battles is definitely a possibility. Also terrains are a possibility, and we've already tested something in both cases. Rulers for measuring will never be included, for PB is not intended to be a miniatures game.

Something more similar to what you are looking for perhaps is Frontiers. If I remember well, the designers were also working on a WW2 version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that would definately be what I would be looking for. Thanks for the reference, Paolo.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.