Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I just got my copy of RFTG today "BA 10/09 - 848/09" is printed inside the box and the rules say version 1.02.

The fronts of my VP tokens are printed just fine with the graphics aligned perfectly. The backs of the tokens, however, were never mirrored, so none of the token graphics line up with the tokens on the backs.

I contacted Rio Grande Games Customer Service about the issue.

Anyone else have this happen? Did RGG take care of the misprinted components for you?

I've never run into any problems with RGG titles so I was a bit surprised to be honest. I'm hoping they'll just mail me out a new token set in the mail because it is kind of a critical game component!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably will, but frankly, I don't see how this affects game play in the least. The tokens are all different sizes, so it's not like the 1/5/10 tokens are hard to tell apart without markings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Resolved.

Within about 30 minutes of sending the request Jay responded and Rio Grande Games delivered exceptional customer service.

A HUGE thank you to Jay & RGG for going well above and beyond.

=============

Clearly the tokens are different sizes, but it's still a manufacturing defect. If everyone just sucked it up and never said anything Rio Grande might not be aware of the issue. Likewise, people who have never had the good experiences with their products that I've had might wonder about them as a publisher when in fact it was their printers with whom RGG might have a quality assurance clause in place that addresses poor quality runs, etc.

The bottom line is that it's always polite to let companies know when something isn't right. You won't always get the resolution you expect, but more often than not a friendly letter at a minimum will be returned.

In this case, Rio Grande has a gem in Jay dealing with their customers. Their support policy made me happy, and as a result I'm more likely to be a return customer on a game that I might feel is marginally overpriced because I know it is backed with a high degree of professional and thoughtful customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.