Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Nordström
Sweden
Jonkoping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings

We tried our very first game of Red November the other week (a wedding gift, someone thought that drunken gnomes would be suitable...) and I'd like to have one thing cleared up ruleswise.

-The rules state that you can do ONE action each turn.
-They also state that trading items with another gnome is an action
-They also stat that you perform your action whenever you finished moving

Foes this mean that if you want to trade items you must stop in the room of the other gnome, and you cannot perform any other action? It feels like an action that could be possible as you run around and happen to pass another player somewhere.

Either way is fine, I just want to make sure we play by the correct rules.

Also, when you move your personal marker and an action would for instance block a hatch that you haven't really passed yet, do you end your before that hatch or does all actions happen after you moved your gnome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Patten
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No, no, I'm fine. How are you?
mbmbmbmbmb
padragan wrote:
Greetings

We tried our very first game of Red November the other week (a wedding gift, someone thought that drunken gnomes would be suitable...) and I'd like to have one thing cleared up ruleswise.

-The rules state that you can do ONE action each turn.
-They also state that trading items with another gnome is an action
-They also stat that you perform your action whenever you finished moving

Foes this mean that if you want to trade items you must stop in the room of the other gnome, and you cannot perform any other action? It feels like an action that could be possible as you run around and happen to pass another player somewhere.

Either way is fine, I just want to make sure we play by the correct rules.

Your interpretation is correct. The item swapping is in the Action section and so you cannot move afterward. Bear in mind that it only costs the active gnome one minute no matter how many items are swapped, so his or her turn will be coming up again shortly.

padragan wrote:
Also, when you move your personal marker and an action would for instance block a hatch that you haven't really passed yet, do you end your before that hatch or does all actions happen after you moved your gnome?

Are you talking about actions or events? All the event cards are resolved after you have taken your movement and action. Time is a little warped on the Red November and it is completely possible to walk through a hatch on your movement phase that then becomes blocked during event resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Nordström
Sweden
Jonkoping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.