Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question; can Zombie reap the benefits of the Kamikaze flare? I would think no since Zombie's ships never end up in the warp. Is there an official ruling on the matter?

EDIT: I found a ruling in the official FAQ. Zombie DOES reap the benefits of the Kamikaze flare. This seems to contradict other warp situations (ie: Zombie's compensation). Why did FFG rule one way for compensation and the exact opposite on the Kamikaze flare?

This scenario actually occurred during our lunch time game today. Zombie would have won the game if we had the FAQ handy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Why did FFG rule one way for compensation and the exact opposite on the Kamikaze flare?

I have the same question. The answer appears to be that the FAQ is a compilation of whatever came to mind at the time, rather than the product of research and careful analysis. I've tried to catalog the many contradictions and flat-out errors here: FAQ 1.0 Review. I hope one day to turn this into an unofficial improved FAQ that tries to make sense out of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
We had this come up in a game recently.

I think it works because of the wording of the kamikaze flare. You are sending ships to the warp, not losing them (Zombies card said when you lose ships to the warp, use this power). However, we ruled that because I was sending ships to the warp, not losing them involuntarily, I did not get them back immediately and had to wait for regroup or tubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it will hold up to draw a fine distinction between "saving," "losing," and "sending" — there's no way the writers have been that deliberate with their wordings. Besides, the FAQ specifically says that Zombie gets to use the effect and keep his ships.

Goodness knows the poor alien needs the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.