Subject: Old Printings - Different Card Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I used FFG's own supply guide to check what the card size is supposed to be. It's listed as Standard American (green) here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/ffg-supply/PDF...

When I did take some sleeves to my game (an old printing), I found that the Standard American sleeves wouldn't fit at all - the sleeves were too small. I had to get Standard Euro sleeves instead, as these were at least usable.

What's the deal here? Did they change the card size in a more recent printing? Do I have a miscut set of cards? Or is FFG's sleeving guide wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schulzetenberg
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Size - Incorrectly listed?
I can't reply definitively, but I do know that my older version of the base game has much different cards than my expansions. My base game has larger, matte finish cards, and my expansions have smaller, linen finished cards. My guess is that they changed later printings, and that the new sizes of the base game cards match the expansion cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Card Size - Incorrectly listed?
It seems that you're right about that, Paul. I got a geekmail from FFG and here's what they had to say:

Quote:
In the newest editions of A Game of Thrones (which we based our list on), the cards are Standard American size.

In older print runs of A Game of Thrones, the cards are Euro-sized.

So I guess that closes the case. Thanks for the replies guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Hansen

Lübeck
Schleswig-Holstein
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you see it from the outside which printing the game actually is?

H

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.