Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the rules it seems to me this is an abstract, tactical game. I wouldn't even say tactical: for the first sight it looks like a puzzle-solving game: you try to place the tile you got by luck in a way that it wins you the most points, so you're just trying to solve the puzzles presented each turn ("where does this tile provide the most points to you?"). Not having played the game (yet), I'm wondering, is there more to this game than that (well, until I learn all the tiles if that's possible)? Can I have any "strategy" or "blocking" or stuff like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see Zendo and an Uno game have been said to be "strategy" (abstract strategy) games also. Not sure what is going on fully with abstract strategy games as a category on here, outside of maybe people saw dominoes as an abstract strategy game and felt a need to classify every game like dominoes as an abstract strategy game to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you can not only optimize your score, but instead prevent the player woh is next from scoreing a lot, there is some strategy involved.
But i agree, bisacilly it´s a kind of puzzle as you optimize the placement turn by turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markus Hagenauer wrote:
As you can not only optimize your score, but instead prevent the player woh is next from scoreing a lot, there is some strategy involved.
But i agree, bisacilly it´s a kind of puzzle as you optimize the placement turn by turn.

It seems to me after the first time tha strategy is at most about closing a long neuron line if you have the fitting tile for that (and if you don't, then your opponent is going to do the same). I'll see if I find more strategy/tactics-wise than that after more plays. Actually the puzzle part is quite fun though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.