Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas BACK
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woww it seems that we have a winner here:
The Geek rating is still moderate mainly due to the low number of vote (rank 181 of boardgame as of today with 179 rating) but it ranks already number 3 in Wargame list.
Moreover this is the only game in all BGG (46000+ game!) to have an average rating over 9 (9.52) with more than 100 rating.

To be follow-up.goo

Ok we all have to admit that when you put that amount of money in a game you're not likely to put a bad rate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gazolyn wrote:
Ok we all have to admit that when you put that amount of money in a game you're not likely to put a bad rate...

There's a pretty strong selection bias. For the most part, only those who already love the game are going to pay $400 for a collector's edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not true! i'd never played the game before but saw the buzz starting on the net. Then i saw the preview pics and i knew i'd give in.

I have played it 5 times so far and still have to master it.

Highly recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've been watching it steadily rise through the ranks wondering where it will finish. I hope that plenty of second wave customers will push it further up. I just want to see it doing well so that it gets acclaim for Nexus and maybe other projects like it will also be inspired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas BACK
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same for me: never play this game and I get excited by the presentation, the theme & buzz so I read most review & rules before taking my (hard) decision to buy the CE and not the regular. But it's somewhat risky if at the end I don't like it (I don't think so...).
My next challenge will be to find time & friend to play a 4 hours game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic D.
Canada
Drummondville
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly it's a masterpiece and worth every penny I paid for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it somehow ever made the top 20 I bet its entry would get merged with the original game.
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
general hoth wrote:
Not true! i'd never played the game before but saw the buzz starting on the net. Then i saw the preview pics and i knew i'd give in.

Same story here.
My copy should arrive today. Apart from the previews, I have no idea what to expect.
wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Germany
Pliezhausen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
general hoth wrote:

I have played it 5 times so far and still have to master it.

Highly recommended.

same story here! expect I just played it just once yet. But future sessions soon to come

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Smith
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am yet another "never-played-the-game-before-I-bought-the-collectors's-edition" person. I love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
magic gecko
Australia
Melbin Oz
flag msg tools
gazolyn wrote:

This would be true if only the people that have bought the game, or played the game, were allowed to rate it.

This game currently has 3 people that are rating it a 1.
I have proven at least one of them has never set eyes on the game.

Lots of the worse ratings are from people that do not want to buy it because it is too expensive.

Eh.
I think it is magnificent that quality stuff like this happens, at least sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bought and yet to ever play it - after i make my masterpiece upgrading every component except the cards and dice from CE - then i will play it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.