Popular Tags: [View All]
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Today I aquired an Eddie Bauer chess and checkers travel bag set that has beautiful wood pieces. It looks exactly like the Drueke 902.00 set except that it has "Eddie Bauer" on the leather medallion and the colors are tan with green trim. The bag is a very nice cotten duck with sturdy dual zippers and has leather trim for the handles. Inside there are two mesh pockets, one for the chess pieces and one for the checkers.

I contacted the Eddie Bauer company for more information on the set because I found absolutely nothing about it on the internet. They said that it was an officially licensed product and that Sportcraft was the licensee and that any further information would have to come from them.

Does anyone know how much this chess set is worth? I am guessing about $45, but I don't really know. It is a really nice set and I purchased it second hand today for only $10. The chess pieces were still in the plastic bag. The checkers had been opened, so I think that the board may have seen some use, but it is virtually mint.

I am very happy with my purchase and am looking forward to playing with this set. It seems perfect for camping and hiking as well as all around play.

I am just curious about it's value and about replacement parts. A search of the Sportcraft website has proven most unsatisfying. So, I am calling on you, my fellow Board Game Geeks, to come to the rescue with your collectively vast wealth of knowledge and tell me all about this chess set.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.