United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got a question on my blog about a gamer looking to find a group after moving to a rural Kansas town with a population of about 800.

My initial thought was, 'With a town of 800, you'll get to know them all soon enough and hopefully find a few that can be converted into board game geekery.'

I also suggested PBEM, online, and Skype enabled gaming.

You can puruse my answeres here: GeekInsight

Any other suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
While there may not be folks who play BGG-style games, you can probably find folks who play Trivial Pursuit, Poker, and other card games. Come to a game and pull out something like Wits and Wagers or Incan Gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If your reader knows gamers elsewhere, Brettspielwelt is a great choice. I do that to play with several of my "remote gamer friends".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tietz
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play on Yucata.de. It's turn based, which can be a positive and a negative. You can play when it's convenient for you and you don't have to deal with nearly as many people ditching out of a game when they are losing. The downside is that most games aren't played straight through in an hour, making it frustrating for people who are looking for that experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.