Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jenny + Welding Torch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
We were playing a game of lnoe. And I had got Jenny. While looking for keys I picked up the welding torch. Well according to Jennys handy ability she may add or subtract one to any roll when testing to see a hand weapon break. And the welding torch allows a re-roll one of the Hero's fight dice. May be used multiple times per fight. And after each use it breaks on 1 or 2. So does this mean as long as I don't roll a 2 for upkeep while using this welding torch I can keep rolling my dice one at a time until I win. What we did is after ever re-roll I rolled to see if the weapon would break. Then do another re roll of one fight dice to see if I get a double.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,

if hand weapons state that they may be used multiple times per fight and roll each time if they break after use - Jenny can modify break checks every time.

So if it breaks on 1 or 2, using Jenny's ability effectively makes it "breaks on 1" each time rolled.

Dead Sea Cow wrote:
We were playing a game of lnoe. And I had got Jenny. While looking for keys I picked up the welding torch. Well according to Jennys handy ability she may add or subtract one to any roll when testing to see a hand weapon break. And the welding torch allows a re-roll one of the Hero's fight dice. May be used multiple times per fight. And after each use it breaks on 1 or 2. So does this mean as long as I don't roll a 2 for upkeep while using this welding torch I can keep rolling my dice one at a time until I win. What we did is after ever re-roll I rolled to see if the weapon would break. Then do another re roll of one fight dice to see if I get a double.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks thegrey for the response. I just wanted to make sure what the correct interpretation of the rule. Here is the next question. When firing a gun three spaces away. Do you have to count three spaces in line of your charter. Or can you shoot three squares away as long as the connect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its three spaces - horizontal, diagonal, combination, small or large squares. Anything goes as long as you respect wall rules, LOS and the rest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lerysh
msg tools
Is there a purpose to Jenny subtracting one from the break die? Can you exceed the numbers on the die by using abilities like these, or for example BRAAAAAAINS! to make a 6 into a 7 and a 1 into a 0?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lerysh wrote:
Is there a purpose to Jenny subtracting one from the break die?
Not yet - it's been hinted that there may be in future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lerysh wrote:
Is there a purpose to Jenny subtracting one from the break die? Can you exceed the numbers on the die by using abilities like these, or for example BRAAAAAAINS! to make a 6 into a 7 and a 1 into a 0?

Not yet; yes, but you can never reduce a die roll below 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J--- B---
msg tools
Um actually yes a 6 can be a 7.

Directly from flying frog wiki

Adjusting Rolls
A die roll may NEVER be reduced to less than 1 (you may not have a 0 or negative roll). A die roll MAY, however, be increased to more than 6 (bringing it to 7 or higher). Also, when a card adds or subtracts 1 to a single Fight Dice roll, it changes one of the dice in particular. If that die is then Re-rolled, the bonus is lost.

Found here http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=LNOE_FAQ_%...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

I was glad to find this post. I found your question helpful although I haven't encountered that specific situation yet.

Anyways...my point for writing is regarding the use of the blow torch. I was just at my friend's playing and everyone got into a heated discussion about the interpretation of the blow torch card. People got so pissed that it ended with my wife and I leaving his place (I couldn't believe it actually turned into an argument over a stupid game!)

I don't have the card infront of me but I believe the torch card says that the hero can reroll their combat dice (2 dice) if they don't like their roll, AND this can be used multiple times per fight! (if someone has the card maybe they could post it...I don't remember exactly what is written).

The situation was as follows: I was Johnny weilding the torch and my friend attacked me with his zombie (only one zombie was on the same square). He rolled a 5 and I rolled two 4s.

I interpret the card as the hero was able to reroll his dice until he got a roll that he liked. In the above situation I wanted to reroll both my dice so that I could get at least one 5 or more (johnny wins on a tie so a 5 would let him win this particular fight). The catch is that although I could reroll as many times as I wanted, I would have to do a break test after each reroll to see if the torch broke or not. Therefore in theory I could have spent the next 5 minutes rerolling my dice to try and fend the zombie off or kill it so long as the weapon didn't break after each reroll. IS THIS CORRECT??? Also I should note that MY interpretation of "per fight" means that a fight equals the combat between johnny and my friend's zombie. That is one particular fight.

My friend interpreted the card as follows: he thinks that one fight equals his entire phase of his turn where his zombies must fight the heroes. I think he believes that if he had 4 zombies on the same space as johnny (i'll call them A B C & D), then his definition of "fight" would equal all 4 zombies attacking johnny. By his interpretation he thinks that zombie A attacks and gets a 5. Jonny gets two 4s and wants to reroll. Johnny rerolls and gets at least one 5 and passes a break test so the result is johnny is safe and he keeps his torch. My friend believes that johnny should not be allowed to do this again during the following zombie attacks (b, c, and D). My friend got pissed because he thinks the torch basically allows the hero to roll 6s every time. I was trying to explain to him that while you can reroll as many times as you want you still have to do a break test each time.

Can someone please clarify this so we can resolve it? What do all of you think about this situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[no use for a name]
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
My friend interpreted the card as follows: he thinks that one fight equals his entire phase of his turn where his zombies must fight the heroes. I think he believes that if he had 4 zombies on the same space as johnny (i'll call them A B C & D), then his definition of "fight" would equal all 4 zombies attacking johnny. By his interpretation he thinks that zombie A attacks and gets a 5. Jonny gets two 4s and wants to reroll. Johnny rerolls and gets at least one 5 and passes a break test so the result is johnny is safe and he keeps his torch. My friend believes that johnny should not be allowed to do this again during the following zombie attacks (b, c, and D).

the card says: 'Re-roll one of the Hero's Fight Dice. May be used multiple times per fight.'

so your friend was wrong. you can keep re-rolling ONE of your fight dice (not necesseraly the same one) as long as you pass the break test every single time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blekk42 wrote:
shooshoo wrote:
My friend interpreted the card as follows: he thinks that one fight equals his entire phase of his turn where his zombies must fight the heroes. I think he believes that if he had 4 zombies on the same space as johnny (i'll call them A B C & D), then his definition of "fight" would equal all 4 zombies attacking johnny. By his interpretation he thinks that zombie A attacks and gets a 5. Jonny gets two 4s and wants to reroll. Johnny rerolls and gets at least one 5 and passes a break test so the result is johnny is safe and he keeps his torch. My friend believes that johnny should not be allowed to do this again during the following zombie attacks (b, c, and D).

the card says: 'Re-roll one of the Hero's Fight Dice. May be used multiple times per fight.'

so your friend was wrong. you can keep re-rolling ONE of your fight dice (not necesseraly the same one) as long as you pass the break test every single time

And your friend was also wrong about what a "fight" is. Each time a zombie and a hero match up and roll dice against each other, that's a fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah so the card says only ONE of the dice can be rerolled...ok. And if it doesn't say neccessarily the same one all of the time then yeah I guess you can reroll both dice...just as long as you're doing one at a time.

I don't know where the hell he got the impression that you can just roll 6s everytime. He forgot about the break test. He seemed to t hink this torch card was a godly weapon or something.

I figured he was wrong about the definition of fight. Every game I've ever played a 1-1 skirmish is called a fight. A group of them is a round or whatever, and his whole phase is a round or a turn.

I'll be sure to let him know THanks ladies and gentlemen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryer S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Rule nazis make every game difficult and not fun. And if call it to their face, they never come back again.whistle I think it is some mild form of ocd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.