Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the Korea; The Forgotten War campaign for a week or so now and have to say OCS is one of the finest, if not the finest, game system I have played. I find it fluid, intuitive and damn near perfect.

What I'm wondering is what new games are in the pipeline for OCS as I would like to get more of this series but can't fit GBII or enemy at the gates on my table (these games either have full map campaigns/scenarios or tiddly little 4 turn scenarios).

Anyone aware of where OCS is headed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
" We have France 1940 & 1944 coming over the next eighteen months or so, and then the Italy game after that. So there are three OCS games -- three! -- that are basically out of design stage and just need some more attention before hitting the preorder stage. And I also know there is a Bagration game on the horizon."

Quoted from John Kisner on CSW.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@77.vU5EamFN4RZ.855@.ee6b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the info. It's good to know OCS will move to the French theatre.

Does anyone know if the original Guderian's Blitzkrieg plays ok with rules v4 and is it worth getting? GBII is just too massive for me to consider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hunter
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Stop the admins removing history from the Wargaming forum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I believe Italy is in the pipeline as well.

I'd suggest Burma, excellent game and not large at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aries
Italy
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Don't stay here(!)
mbmbmbmbmb
mmmm..may you can play GB (4.0 rule) with the reple&variants 1994.

Infact there are counters for upgrade GB1 to 2.0 rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kisner
United States
Windsor Heights
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The original Guderian's Blitzkrieg is NOT worth getting except as sort of a curiosity or because you want to complete the collection. Yes, an attempt was made to bring the game to the radically different v2 of the series rules (introduced with Enemy at the Gates) but in my opinion it just isn't worth the effort. GBII will be reprinted by MMP sometime this year, hopefully late summer, and while it's expensive at a $120 preorder price it's worth it to get the "real" version.

The next two new OCS games will definitely be The Blitzkrieg Legend (1940) and Beyond the Rhine (1944-45). TBL is just getting some final polish, and should be ready for preorder before the year's end. It's uncertain how long final testing will take, and how long it will take Dean to finish the final artwork (which is done before an OCS game goes up for preorder). BTR has been in steady testing for about 12 months now, but hasn't got all of its scenarios designed (let alone tested) so that will easily be in testing for another 12 months.

Italy should slip into development after TBL goes up for preorder. I will be playing that for my first time at CSW Expo with Tony next month (hopefully spending a day or so with it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GB II has at least one decent size / length scenario which fits on two maps: Operation Mars.

The combination of my new found enthusiasm for OCS (attributable to Baltic Gap), David Glantz's book on Operation Mars and the inclusion of that scenario prompted my preorder for GB II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Malcolm C wrote:
GB II has at least one decent size / length scenario which fits on two maps: Operation Mars.

The combination of my new found enthusiasm for OCS (attributable to Baltic Gap), David Glantz's book on Operation Mars and the inclusion of that scenario prompted my preorder for GB II.

Mars is a fun scenario. A LOT of units to set up, but good fun covering a fairly forgotten major operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.