Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought, but if you want to produce multiple copies of a piece, have you thought of using resin?

Marshal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
Making a mold an duplicating a mini is not easy but can be done with RTV silicone. It requires a two part mold. Checkout youtube. Search "mold making two part" and you should get a few hints. Also checkout the tutorial at www.castlemolds.com. The forums at castlemolds is another treasure trove of information and a great community of DIY's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Just yesterday I bought some Sculpey Mold Maker. I plan on using it to make molds for some 3D dungeon pieces made of plaster-of-paris, but it's supposed to be good for molds for regular Sculpey too. I've got no idea if it would work for your purpose, but just thought I'd throw it out there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrtech wrote:
Quote:

Just a thought, but if you want to produce multiple copies of a piece, have you thought of using resin?

no I haven't is it any good, is it easy?.

No idea yet - but my plan is to start by copying components from one game that i think will work in another, and creating molds in latex and using resin to cast them looks like a good possible option. However, seeing the Sculpey Mold Maker stuff has prompted me to mail the makers and ask if it would work with resin, as making molds for resin seems a fairly tedious process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hanson
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
Visit www.SkyFortressGames.com to see my games!
mbmbmbmb
Did you ever get an answer to resin in Sculpey Mold Maker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyn Roddis
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, I've used 2-part liquid silicone moulding compound to make moulds which I then used for epoxy resin. Works fine, much better than the silicone putty I used previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.