Subject: Couldn't take it anymore and ordered a copy from France! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, for all the lack of information concerning this game I just couldn't hold out any longer and ordered a copy from Ludikbazar in France. Great price, by the way! http://www.ludikbazar.com/

I am hoping, or deluding myself, into believing I may be the first American to possess this game....or at the very least willing to admit it. Will post pictures and try to find a way to translate rules and cards. No I don't speak or read French, but I have children who I am willing to encourage to learn this beautiful language. If not I'm pretty sure I can do it on my own, though it may take decades to accomplish.

Update: jardin, what the hell does that mean! Well I'm stuck on page one, word one of the rules...shake

...and yes, I am attempting to be humorous. Please just pity me if you find it lacking....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, you could've ordered it from Le Valet D'Coeur in Montreal, Canada. Price as of this writing: $52.95 Canadian plus $10 flat rate shipping to US. However at 8 Euros from your French website, well, you certainly can't beat that price!!!

But it's worth mentioning that Le Valet gets in a lot of titles from France, so I find it's worth checking there before going overseas, especially on newer titles. In this case, however, you certainly got a great bargain from France!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cost for the game (7.9 Euro) plus shipping (25 Euro) was approximately $42 US, though I did get a slight benefit from the Euro being lower.

Thank you for the Montreal game connection! Was not aware of a North American location that had this in stock. Will have them on my game list for when I shop again for European titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had this game for years, but haven't found a translation yet, so I strongly encourage you to get on with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meej wrote:
I've had this game for years, but haven't found a translation yet, so I strongly encourage you to get on with that

I did an absolutely horrible, too embarrassing to post, quickie pass ages ago, when I was trying to decide whether or not to buy this game (I decided against). I'll PM you my efforts. It's not much, but it's a start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pone McPoneface
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:
meej wrote:

I did an absolutely horrible, too embarrassing to post, quickie pass ages ago, when I was trying to decide whether or not to buy this game (I decided against). I'll PM you my efforts. It's not much, but it's a start.

You underestimate your efforts. This has proven very useful so far and I hope will be the tipping point in my efforts to understand the rules to this game! Thank you for sending them to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pdclose wrote:

Actually I might take a shot at translating it into English, seems like a good practice . Could you send me your efforts, that way I got a head start .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfshade wrote:
Could you send me your efforts, that way I got a head start .

Done! Apologies for the mess. If I had more interest in this game, I'd do more about it myself, but what I did was good enough for my purposes. Thanks for taking this further!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.