Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: what does Qty mean ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Rasch
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When looking up a game here on boardgamegeek, you can write when was the last time you played that game, and then you write a number in the "Qty" box.. But what does Qty stand for? It's probably quite obvious, but I haven't been able to figure it out :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
Qty generally stands for quantity. I suspect (but don't know for sure) that the Qty field allows you to note multiple plays in one pass (as in I played Roads & Boats three times last gaming session).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Qty
This is useful if you play multiple games in a gaming session, like Ron said. Also, let's say that you played 2 rousing sessions of Roads and Boats with your buddies and then make the entry into BGG. Now you're sitting there saying "well, we just killed 16 hours of the day, now what are we going to do for the next 8". Everyone then exhuberantly screams "Roads and Boats!, Roads and Boats!". So you finish off your amazing 24 hour gaming session with a third game of Roads and Boats.

Now, if you want to enter your 3rd game of Roads and Boats into the Games Played database you will notice that it will not show up on your profile. No matter how many times you enter that 1 game of Roads and Boats for the same date that you played the previous 2 games, the 1 game will not register. What you have to do is delete the previous entry in your profile, then enter a brand new entry for Roads and Boats for 3 games. A little bug that I am sure won't bother most, but if like Ron you're knocking out 3 games of Roads and Boats in one day it might be an issue .

Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Roads and Boats:

Is it out of print? Still available? I'm curious enough to perhaps get it, but it IS expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron K
United States
jamesville
New York
flag msg tools
'80' maxlength='250'> </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="15%" align="right"><b>Avatar OverText</b></td> <td width="85%"> <input type="text" name="overtext[avatar]" value="Train Game anyone?
badge
Train Game anyone?
mbmbmbmbmb
$100 new is right around the asking price. I'm pretty sure there are copies out there. Expect to pay around $100 shipping as well as this baby weighs a ton!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.