BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Airport Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We are leaving from Portland, OR to Seattle, WA. From Seattle we will be flying to Seoul, which is obviously international.

It's been so long since I travelled internationally that I can't remember when you should arrive at the airport. I'm hearing 2-3 hours before your flight. Do we check in for both flights at once? Our layover in Seattle is about 2 1/2 hours, and as I recall, you go through the customs thing there, right? And that's the part that takes a long time?

I honestly can not remember.

We leave on Thursday. I had my first anxiety dream about the trip last night. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You go through customs when you get to your destination. It can take forever or possibly you'll breeze right through. It all depends on time of day and how many other flights are arriving at the same time.

When we transfer planes in Seattle we'll never leave the gate concourse. The layover is likely simply due to the fact there is no flight leaving from there to Seoul until ours. It sucks but could be a lot longer. Shorter than that by not much is actually worse though.

EDIT: I should say that we'll LIKELY not leave the concourse. When I went to Tokyo we left the concourse and had to go back through security at San Francisco. Stupid waste of time and we were down to the wire getting on our next plane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly ZZ it's going to be GREAT!!!!!

I haven't traveled by air since way before 9/11, so I really don't know. I thought the airlines tells you or it is in the email (assuming you bought tickets online and printed out your boarding passes). ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nazhuret wrote:
You go through customs when you get to your destination. It can take forever or possibly you'll breeze right through. It all depends on time of day and how many other flights are arriving at the same time.

When we transfer planes in Seattle we'll never leave the gate concourse. The layover is likely simply due to the fact there is no flight leaving from there to Seoul until ours. It sucks but could be a lot longer. Shorter than that by not much is actually worse though.

EDIT: I should say that we'll LIKELY not leave the concourse. When I went to Tokyo we left the concourse and had to go back through security at San Francisco. Stupid waste of time and we were down to the wire getting on our next plane.

There's a subway in Sea-Tac airport. I hope we get to ride it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:

I haven't traveled by air since way before 9/11, so I really don't know. I thought the airlines tells you or it is in the email (assuming you bought tickets online and printed out your boarding passes). ??

We got our tickets from a travel agent. She didn't mention how early we should get there. Maybe I'll call her on Monday to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

We got our tickets from a travel agent. She didn't mention how early we should get there. Maybe I'll call her on Monday to find out.

She should DEFINITELY know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been about 4 years for me, but I just go for 2 hours before for international. 30-60 minutes for in the country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For an international flight, I get there 3 hours ahead. Yeah, maybe I end up with some time on my hands, but then I always bring 2 or 3 books with me on trips anyways. I'd always rather be early to the airport than late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.