Subject: Missing a portion of cards (not all cards) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Reese
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
First off, I did open the box and I have found SOME cards, so I'm not totally lost here. But I'm wondering did anyone else get only 2 out of the 3 "decks" of cards. It seems I'm missing 1/3rd the cards in the box and I've already contacted the necessary people, but now I'm curious if I just got a one in a million box, or if this is a bigger problem than random chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinglink wrote:
First off, I did open the box and I have found SOME cards, so I'm not totally lost here. But I'm wondering did anyone else get only 2 out of the 3 "decks" of cards. It seems I'm missing 1/3rd the cards in the box and I've already contacted the necessary people, but now I'm curious if I just got a one in a million box, or if this is a bigger problem than random chance?

You are not the only one. It happened to me, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also reports of people who have 1 package twice and are missing the actual 3rd package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Novak
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Is this a frequent thing with this expansion set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS opened a box and there were no cards. They now make everyone open their boxes before leaving the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kremik wrote:
Is this a frequent thing with this expansion set?

I have seen lots of Alchemy sets, and until this thread started, I thought I was the only one.

ETA:
Question to the OP: Where did you get your copy of Alchemy? Mine was a part of the original crate that came over for the Gathering of Friends. If yours was on the main shipment, then that would probably indicate a rare occurrence rather than a widespread problem. It sounds like the manufacturer has a Quality Control problem, but a handful of bad boxes is less worrisome than hundreds or thousands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Reese
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
jschlickbernd wrote:
My FLGS opened a box and there were no cards. They now make everyone open their boxes before leaving the store.

Did he check under the listing on the side. I'm sure he probably did, but at first I was like "wtf" then I found the cards that were shipped.

jeffwolfe wrote:

Question to the OP: Where did you get your copy of Alchemy? Mine was a part of the original crate that came over for the Gathering of Friends. If yours was on the main shipment, then that would probably indicate a rare occurrence rather than a widespread problem. It sounds like the manufacturer has a Quality Control problem, but a handful of bad boxes is less worrisome than hundreds or thousands.

I bought mine from Boards and Bits, I have no idea which crate the game came in or anything but I have a feeling that it's a handful of boxes, not a widespread, unless we get many more responses to this thread.

Anyways I've contacted B&B and Rio Grande Games to see if they can resolve this in a timely manner, it just kind of sucked that I can't really play it this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc Nguyen
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I ordered 3 from Boards and Bits, and none of my friends had this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwolfe wrote:
kinglink wrote:

You are not the only one. It happened to me, too.

My replacement cards have arrived! Thanks, Jay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.