Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Upon my gaming shelf sits a very nice copy of a very nice game: Avalon Hill's 1977 classic Squad Leader.

Since I have so many other games, including the entire ASL Starter Kit set, I have a feeling that I will not be playing this game again. And it seems a shame - not only is a great game, but it is a fantastic wargaming package. It contains maps, scenarios, rules and counters for all sorts of infantry, guns, tanks - all the fun stuff.

A lot of these were printed. A lot of them are available for sale or trade. I've decided to give mine away.

I really want to give it to someone who will PLAY it. And I would prefer to give it to someone who doesn't already have a massive shelf full of wargames.

So, tell me why I should send it to you.

5/10/10 - given away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sicaria Occaeco
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Squad Leader - free to a good home
I might be interested but I'm more inclined to get into the ASL starter kits. What are the differences anyways?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Nichol
United States
Prineville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
Upon my gaming shelf sits a very nice copy of a very nice game: Avalon Hill's 1977 classic Squad Leader.

Since I have so many other games, including the entire ASL Starter Kit set, I have a feeling that I will not be playing this game again. And it seems a shame - not only is a great game, but it is a fantastic wargaming package. It contains maps, scenarios, rules and counters for all sorts of infantry, guns, tanks - all the fun stuff.

A lot of these were printed. A lot of them are available for sale or trade. I've decided to give mine away.

I really want to give it to someone who will PLAY it. And I would prefer to give it to someone who doesn't already have a massive shelf full of wargames.

So, tell me why I should send it to you.

I would like to have it. My son has wanted it since he was young and it's a great opportunity for us to play together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Pill
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:

Since I have so many other games, including the entire ASL Starter Kit set, I have a feeling that I will not be playing this game again. And it seems a shame - not only is a great game, but it is a fantastic wargaming package. It contains maps, scenarios, rules and counters for all sorts of infantry, guns, tanks - all the fun stuff

You should keep it. The maps work with ASL starter kit/ASL regular, and so if you get rid of them, you won't be able to play some scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrFlanagan wrote:
You should keep it. The maps work with ASL starter kit/ASL regular, and so if you get rid of them, you won't be able to play some scenarios.

One of the reasons I picked up SL in the first place is that a number of people told me that I might need it for "full" ASL. Since I paid $17.50 for it new, it seemed a good deal. And it allowed me to accidentally start one of the biggest flame wars in the history of rec.games.board: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.board/browse_thread...

I am now 100% sure I will not be playing ASL, and I haven't really put much of a dent in the started kits. Shelf space is more valuable to me now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not spoken for, I would love to give it a try. Looking at the ASL starter kits, I was always reminded of SFB - a good game, but really more of a lifestyle. Randy Shipp here in Dallas is a big proponent of regular Squad Leader, and I've been intrigued since he talked it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.