Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing friendly games do any of your keep track of score in regions while the game progresses?

For example using something like a red and a blue 20sided dice to keep a running total in each region.

Doesn't seem that hard to keep track of mentally
but I am just curious if anyone does this at all.

Secondly, does anyone use the action track?

I have not found a need to use it yet. Is there something that complicates the UGOIGO pace of the game to the point where
flipping a counter along a track becomes needed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Peters-Campbell
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the action track because I forget what round it is otherwise, but sometimes I forget to move the marker, and then it's really a mess

I haven't ever kept track of region scoring that way, but it's a good idea. I guess it would be somewhat complicated though by Shuttle Diplomacy being out or the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twthomas wrote:

Secondly, does anyone use the action track?

I have not found a need to use it yet. Is there something that complicates the UGOIGO pace of the game to the point where
flipping a counter along a track becomes needed?

i absolutely use it. b/c of the china card, various cards that force discards, north sea oil, et cetera, you can end the turn with zero, 1 or 2 cards. maybe b/c i've played nearly exclusively online where the log is right there, when i play live i'm obsessively checking the action round to make sure i know where we're at in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see that. I suppose it could get pretty muddy with some of the cards that force discards and swaps and such.

I am not sure about my dice idea. I am not sure knowing the score at a glace would not distract from the pressure of the game. Just curious more than anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I'd care to know the exact score, but I definitely want to find something to mark who is dominating a region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Davis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of the major reasons I've updated the Twilight Struggle Player's Aid. I've made some recent changes, to be included in the next version upload, that makes comparing the regions much easier.

The current version can be found here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34716

If you'd like to see the latest version, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.