mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
hello. i've got some questions.

the first is about response.
lets say there are 2 units:
unit1 and unit2. lets say bot have the action : deal 1 damage to target unit.
ok. after some turns unit1 targets unit2 and then unit2 in response targets unit1. So unit2's attack resolves first and unit1 dies before it can deal damage, right ?

second question: can i play many units in the same capital phase?

third question: lets say i have 2 units the first one has 2 loyalty symbols and the second has 1. I have just 1 symbol from capital. can i play first the unit iwth 1 symbol (so now i have sum 2 ) and then play the other one which needs 2 symbols ?

forth question: i can target capital section only if i have assigned as many damage to defenders as their hp, right ?

fifth: i have 1 unit with 1 attachment support on it. i play the card "return target unit to it's owner's hand". Does support goes to discard pile ?

sixth: what if after drafting a player has not 50 cards ?

that's all !!
thnx for your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
peterakos wrote:

ok. after some turns unit1 targets unit2 and then unit2 in response targets unit1. So unit2's attack resolves first and unit1 dies before it can deal damage, right ?

No, the action from unit one is still on the stack and will resolve killing unit two.

peterakos wrote:

second question: can i play many units in the same capital phase?

You can play any number of units in the same capital phase, provided you can play for them and observe their loyalty costs (of pay the penalty).

peterakos wrote:
third question: lets say i have 2 units the first one has 2 loyalty symbols and the second has 1. I have just 1 symbol from capital. can i play first the unit iwth 1 symbol (so now i have sum 2 ) and then play the other one which needs 2 symbols ?

Yes, this is correct, since you now have the required loyalty to avoid the penalty.

peterakos wrote:
forth question: i can target capital section only if i have assigned as many damage to defenders as their hp, right ?

Yes, you must first assign enough damage to kill the defenders before assigning damage to the capital.

peterakos wrote:
fifth: i have 1 unit with 1 attachment support on it. i play the card "return target unit to it's owner's hand". Does support goes to discard pile ?

Yes.

peterakos wrote:
sixth: what if after drafting a player has not 50 cards ?

Play as normal, there is no minimum deck required for draft, although this will make it easier to lose the game by running out of cards.

peterakos wrote:
that's all !!
thnx for your time :)

No probs.

- Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Jangus wrote:
peterakos wrote:

No, the action from unit one is still on the stack and will resolve killing unit two.

hmmm... i didnt get that. then whats the difference? and whats the meaning in responce actions?

i thought that part of the game is exactly the same as magic the gathering

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
peterakos wrote:
Jangus wrote:
peterakos wrote:

hmmm... i didnt get that. then whats the difference? and whats the meaning in responce actions?

i thought that part of the game is exactly the same as magic the gathering

This is exactly like MTG, in MTG unit 2 would die as well.

The fact that the unit is dead, doesn't mean the action ceases to exist.

An action played in response to something goes on the stack for first in, last out (FILO), but it's existent doesn't cancel the original action unless it specifies so. E.g. bright apprentice wizard

- Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
what would happen if unit1 had "sacrifice this unit to gain something" instead of deal 1 damage.

when unit2 deals damage to unit1 it kills it immidiately. so can unit1 still be sacrificed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
peterakos wrote:
what would happen if unit1 had "sacrifice this unit to gain something" instead of deal 1 damage.

when unit2 deals damage to unit1 it kills it immidiately. so can unit1 still be sacrificed?

For this example unit 2 has an action for deals damage and unit 1 presumably has an action that allows them to be sacrificed to gain something - yes?

If so, the player controlling unit 2 says he wants to use unit 2's action and puts that ability on the stack targeting unit 1. Unit 1's controller has a chance to play an action in response and therefore puts unit 1's sacrifice to gain X ability on the stack. Last in, first out - unit 1 is sacrificed and the player controlling unit 1 gains X, unit 2's action then attempts to resolve, but finds that the target no longer exists, so the action ceases.

- Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
and what if the unit1 with the sacrifice abiliy goes first into the stack ? unit2 will kill it before the unit2's ability takes place. so how can it sacrifice its self ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Sacrifices happen immediately, therefore this is not an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sacrifice is a cost. You pay it when you play the action. Action goes in the chain, sacrificed unit in the discard pile. Then, the other player can respond. No way to prevent that action from getting in the chain, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tonini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jangus wrote:

peterakos wrote:

Yes, you must first assign enough damage to kill the defenders before assigning damage to the capital.

The answer is correct, but is not "yes, you must..." but "no, you must...": you need to KILL as jangus said the units, not assign as many damage as theirs hp as you said: if they have Toughness X or any ability active by default that makes them ignore damage, you must cover that too; that's why "Sword Masters of Hoeth" are such a good wall: "Battlefield. Cancel all combat damage assigned to this unit."
Different thing are abilities your enemy must activate by paying resources or anything else: you don't have to cover them, if you don't want too.

es. if the defeder has Hammerer of Karak Azul with 2 hp and Toughness 1, you must deal 3 damage to them before dealing them to the capital.

if the defender has Sword Masters of Hoeth, they absorbe INFINITE damage, so you can't deal to the capital (kill them some other way, for exemple with damage OUTSIDE of combat )

bye,

Shard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J A
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Boofus wrote:
Sacrifice is a cost. You pay it when you play the action. Action goes in the chain, sacrificed unit in the discard pile. Then, the other player can respond. No way to prevent that action from getting in the chain, though.

It should be noted that there is no way to prevent ANY action getting on the chain, an action can be cancelled while it is on the chain however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.