Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first FF game this weekend and loved it.

There is one thing that seems to be conflicting between the rules and the amazing cheat file from here (the one that teaches how to resolve any card).

The rules say that the only way to meet the fellow players is by using a call marker.

If you want to choose a non-friend fellow player as a new relationship, do you have to play his/her call marker? Can other players use their call markers to influence your choice?

My impression is that you need to play a call marker in this specific situation but I am not sure if the other players can ever play markers to influence a relationship effect.

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
The rules say that the only way to meet the fellow players is by using a call marker.

The rules are correct

If you have a card that has a new relationship effect, you must choose a "non player" neutral friend. Some player may play their call marker to trump in. If that occurs, you can then play a call marker of another player to get the player you want.

But... I haven't played/read the rules in over a year, and it's one of those games that it is easy to get wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
So, can the other players play a call marker trying to influence you to choose them for your relationship effect?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Ronaldo wrote:
So, can the other players play a call marker trying to influence you to choose them for your relationship effect?
Thanks

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in that event would both players get a friend token? or just the one gaining the friend token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
ZomBen wrote:
in that event would both players get a friend token? or just the one gaining the friend token?

By the rule of symmetry, if player A gets the friend token for player B, then player B also gets the friend token for player A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.