Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been an AP History teacher for almost 25 years and was always looking for a game that could be used with students at all learning levels but would prompt the development of authentic critical thinking by my students.

More recently, I was fortunate enough to have a game on the French Revolution published by Victory Point Games called Levee en Masse. It was designed as a solitaire game that would be fun and challenging - right for replayability. However, the teacher in me was compelled to put together a set of five lesson plans that work through Bloom's so that by lesson five, students are critically applying their knowledge by creating Event Cards for the game. My plan going forward is to produce a teacher version of the game that would contain all the components to be able to have students play in the classroom.

Until then, the set of lesson plans is now available as a free download from the Victory Point Games website.

For those that have been waiting or for those that know teachers that might be interested, the lesson plans for Levee en Masse are now up on the VPG website. Follow the link and click on 'Levee en Masse' and then click the 'Lesson Plans' listing to get a zip file that contains all 5 of them.

Here's the link: http://victorypointgames.com/articleDetail.php?GameAids

I hope they work for you and please let me know how things went with your students.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.